Homepage Update: The case for Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only one person responsible for Barkley's position and its not Rooney
I ITK a month ago he was coming from a source from FF - if he is being offered more than Ross that's the reason he wants out Ross 23 full of potential or the disloyal once an evertonian always an Evertonian returning for his pension!

I've said tonnes on this and I'm a massive advocate of it happening for more than romantic reasons; but if he's coming back being called "wazza" I'm changing my vote.

Maybe Koeman and Walsh have identified that we need an 'old-ish head', but one a bit more mobile than Barry....and I can't see anyone else but Rooney available who would be good enough to perform that game management role to the standard required when necessary. That's one reason to consider having him back in blue. Another reason is that he can still score goals given the opportunity. He turned a couple of games for United when he came on last season. He can also pick a pass better than most, and find space better than most. Not for 90 minutes in every game,but a fit Rooney would WANT to be involved a lot of the time. He is also a great team player...just setting that example of team ethics is worth a lot, particularly with a good number of new players in the team. I was against his return initially, but when you stop and think what Koeman and Walsh might be planning,and what they need, it makes a lot of sense. It could all go wrong of course,but so could any of our signings....at the moment none of them have kicked a ball in anger for Everton.
That's the difference with Wayne...he has kicked a ball in anger for Everton and he knows what it means. I'm in favour of a return.

He is shot. He will be a hindrance as now his legs are gone he can't play up front and he is not good enough for midfield. I think we are a joke for signing him. Fingers crossed we are just committed to 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.