The Baines / Oviedo Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play both. Either at the same time or rotate.

With more games in Europe we'll need all the bodies we can get.

Situation? Two quality players in the same position! More of the same please!

It's all about squad as City proved today, the best team never wins the prem - hasn't in years! Best squads always do!

Oviedo will get most of the Europa group matches, cup games, playing further up the pitch, and when Baines is rested or injured.
Baines is still first name on the team sheet, and though I'd love to think Oviedo will be his ready-made, natural replacement for the left-back spot I think it will still be 2 years until he's ousting Baines for the role.

Oviedo is a good player with a fantastic attitude and desire but Baines is easily one if the best leftbacks in the world you don't move a worldclass leftback just because his understudy is a good player. What it gives us though is the option to rest Baines and lesser games on what will hopefully be a busy, long and successful season.
Lahm was moved to midfield as Rafinha was placed at right back at Bayern.

Martinez tried the first two, and I guess he will try the next two in next season
- Baines lb Oviedo lm
- Baines lb Oviedo rm
- Baines CDM Oviedo lm
- Baines CDM Oviedo rm

im that tired 07:33 no kip yet, automatically read that the baines/Oviedo stadium,
can we not just call it that, when we get one? ffs kenwright get it sorted lid.

I'm sure I read that Baines created the most chances of any defender in the league again. I wouldn't want to lose that from the side

There will be plenty of matches for all of our players next year. Oviedo will get a run in provided he's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.