Homepage Article The Appointment Of Duncan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck ,Big.Man.
A good player and a passionate Evertonian.
He won a lot of praise when he began his coaching career alongside Sheedy including from Kendall , and if he thought him worthy of praise that’s good enough for me.
I know it’s cool to be edgy and endlessly demean , sneer and denigrate everyone associated with Everton, but sometimes it’s just self defeating and small minded.
One thing I am certain of today is that the man on the touch line will feel the same pride and loyalty that we feel about our team because he is one of us and for me anyway that still counts for a lot.
So good luck again big Dunc , I know without doubt you will have done your best whatever the result today.
Well said!

I wouldn't mind is giving him the job. Maybe with a more experienced mentor? There is something about Everton that needs, an infinity with the club to manage it. Koman didn't seem to get it, can't say Big Sam did and Silva. Roberto sort of did but didn't have a clue how to set up a defence.

Little if nothing was expected of Silva for these December fixtures and if he pulled in a point here or there or even a win, he would've probably seen the season out and then been eased out.
The 'New Guy' scouted with full due diligence aka tapped up, would be wheeled in - and off we go again.

Given the snails pace we operate at and the lack of a ready replacement

There's no reason the same can't apply to Ferguson

One game at a time - works on a number of levels

....hopefully there’s a positive ‘bounce’, but we need to be careful if this is the case. Solskjaer is an example at United.
Wise words @Eggs. What today’s result has given us is time. I haven’t even considered Duncan as an option for manager and even though there will be gathering support for his appointment from many on here, we need to show caution. All Dunc could do for today was instill energy and passion into the side, due to only having one training session (and the team gave it to him in abundance) but this will only get you so far. You need to be tactically adept, lampard learnt the ropes at derby and I’m sure Dunc could do the same in time at another club, but I’d love him to manage us one day further down the line.

I wouldn't mind is giving him the job. Maybe with a more experienced mentor?

I don't think this setup ever works. The only difference today was work rate, Dunc got some blood and thunder out of them. That won't last forever, but needs Dunc just doing his thing for a while to squeeze as much as he can out of a group of players that we know are lacking in steel

If he's here for United hopefully he can turn the away form around. Beat United and alongside today that makes up for some fixtures we should've won and puts us top half of the table and not far off Europa spots. If he can pull a draw or win at Old Trafford I'd leave him in charge for the cup game too

The course takes 12months, so yeah, he aint doing that in 12 weeks.

I would say he doesnt have it, from what I can tell it involves managing in some capacity, so he wouldnt have any need for it before now.

Level 5, UEFA Pro Licence (focus on how to manage)
A mandatory qualification for managing in the FA Premier League and UEFA competitions.
Most candidates complete in 12 months
just has to start the course and then he’s good to continue

He was doing his pro licence back in 2013 or 2014. Far as I know, he's completed it.

From https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-hero-duncan-ferguson-6728804

I’m taking my pro licence now which will qualify me to become a manager. I’ve passed my Uefa badges and I started the big one last month

Status
Not open for further replies.