Homepage Article The Appointment Of Duncan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £80m
The appointment of Duncan Ferguson to manage Everton, initially (and perhaps entirely) for one game has been met with mixed reviews from Everton supporters. Some have rightly pointed to a lack of experience and demonstrable expertise to fill the role. He has served under 4 consecutive managers, with only 1 being able to say they have fulfilled the brief provided to them. It is not a ringing endorsement for the former striker. For others there seems to be an optimism, in part generated from his undoubted love for the club and cult hero status within it. This particular sentiment is only aided by eventual removal of a manager who the majority of the fans had lost faith in.

duncan-ferguson-manager.jpg

The task for Ferguson himself is an extremely challenging one. He has had less than 48 hours between the announcement being made and the game on Saturday being ready to kick off (I make it just over 41 hours). In...

Continue reading...

It’s only going to be one or two games but I for one think he will put a rocket up the backsides of any players slacking. They need someone not to put their arm around them they need someone hammering them because they have been rubbish and big Dunc can be very intimidating let’s hope he puts fire in their bellies

Eloquent drivel as usual.

Comparing Lampard, Ljungberg or Solskjaer to Big dunc is frankly embarrassing, even for you. There is one crucial element that might have escaped your forensic examination. Lampard, Ljungberg and Solskjaer may well be fan favourites but they were also serial winners. All three won a multitude of trophies and were brought into bring a winning mentality, to teams that had lost that killer instinct.

Teams with lost glory trying to ingrain a winning attitude from a past era. We haven't won for decades and are reinforcing that with the likes of Ferguson, Jeffers and Ebbrell. A team that has failed for decades reinforcing that failures by appointing coaches that failed as players.

We need to get rid of the Kenwright benevolent fund for failed players and bring in serial winners who are the best in their field. What happens in 10 years the likes of Tom Davies forging our future as a coach because he was a good blue. In Brands we have a top class DoF yet we want to employ failed blues because it warms Bill's heart.

Let Brands use his contacts and bring in the best coaches in every age group and move on and stop condemning the club to repeated failure.

Eloquent drivel as usual.

Comparing Lampard, Ljungberg or Solskjaer to Big dunc is frankly embarrassing, even for you. There is one crucial element that might have escaped your forensic examination. Lampard, Ljungberg and Solskjaer may well be fan favourites but they were also serial winners. All three won a multitude of trophies and were brought into bring a winning mentality, to teams that had lost that killer instinct.

Teams with lost glory trying to ingrain a winning attitude from a past era. We haven't won for decades and are reinforcing that with the likes of Ferguson, Jeffers and Ebbrell. A team that has failed for decades reinforcing that failures by appointing coaches that failed as players.

We need to get rid of the Kenwright benevolent fund for failed players and bring in serial winners who are the best in their field. What happens in 10 years the likes of Tom Davies forging our future as a coach because he was a good blue. In Brands we have a top class DoF yet we want to employ failed blues because it warms Bill's heart.

Let Brands use his contacts and bring in the best coaches in every age group and move on and stop condemning the club to repeated failure.

That’s all well and good, but as this is real life rather than Football Manager how do you propose we attract “serial winners” to a team that’s 18th and has sacked four managers in as many years ?

That’s all well and good, but as this is real life rather than Football Manager how do you propose we attract “serial winners” to a team that’s 18th and has sacked four managers in as many years ?

Allow Brands to do his job. Forget this ridiculous policy of over promoting ex Blues and identify the coaches that are over achieving at all age groups with other clubs. The saddest indictment in recent years has to be Rhino proving himself to be a complete flop as a manager but then being allowed to fall back in to his role with the under age groups.

Get rid of the clique and the sentiment and bring in the best.

Ferguson is no less qualified relative to Silva than the men named above are to who they followed.

That's a weird statement to make.

Lampard was made boss at Chelsea, partly on the back of him making a good show of being a manager for a season in the Championship

Solskjaer had experience of managing in England at Cardiff, all be it unsuccessfully, and experience of managing in Norway.

Ferguson's experience and qualifications is nowhere near what those two had. The comparison to Ljungberg is a fair one, but the general argument on this point is fundamentally flawed.

I cant see Duncan keeping this job more than the couple of match inked in. we need a guy with a deep understanding of the essentials of match winning, or getting results from poor performances. ferguson does not fill this criteria. does he know how a solid defence is formed? no. does he know about creative midfield play? I think not. yes he is I am sure able to kick a few arses that have slacked off. but his coaching role hasn't turned us into an effective force anywhere on the pitch.
one plus - he loves the club. but that's not enough, not nearly enough to be the manager of Everton.

I cant see Duncan keeping this job more than the couple of match inked in. we need a guy with a deep understanding of the essentials of match winning, or getting results from poor performances. ferguson does not fill this criteria. does he know how a solid defence is formed? no. does he know about creative midfield play? I think not. yes he is I am sure able to kick a few arses that have slacked off. but his coaching role hasn't turned us into an effective force anywhere on the pitch.
one plus - he loves the club. but that's not enough, not nearly enough to be the manager of Everton.

Joe Royle though, sometimes a bit of passion, cleverness and getting others to care for the club makes a huge difference.

Not saying Ferguson is the answer in fact he’s almost definitely not, but wouldn’t it be nice and stranger things.

That's a weird statement to make.

Lampard was made boss at Chelsea, partly on the back of him making a good show of being a manager for a season in the Championship

Solskjaer had experience of managing in England at Cardiff, all be it unsuccessfully, and experience of managing in Norway.

Ferguson's experience and qualifications is nowhere near what those two had. The comparison to Ljungberg is a fair one, but the general argument on this point is fundamentally flawed.

I suppose you also have to weigh up the calibre of people they replaced. Mourinho and Sarri are streets ahead of Silva arent they?

I suppose you also have to weigh up the calibre of people they replaced. Mourinho and Sarri are streets ahead of Silva arent they?

They are, but they're the words of a man attempting to wriggle out of an obvious error. Which is what I'd expect from a politician who wanted to be PM, but you're better than that !

Might not to be the popular hipster view with a goaty, but love Big Dunc, NEA.
Fantastic, that's football, for sure... Now we have, get off my pitch man child come back when you want to be a man, pretty much a snowflake free zone, happy days. Digne Mina, Davies and Richarlson all have that Big Dunc quality, to be a bit tasty, those kopite full backs have some coming their way...

Status
Not open for further replies.