The Americans are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everything has to be all or noting thinking mate, a takeover can be bad thing, it can be worse, the context will be important if indeed this is true.

Personally im not bothered, about throwing money - the type of money Moshiri threw at it - i dont thik its necessary, i dont believe its vital to success. Id like to go back to how we were under Moyes, a mecca, for hungry players, with loads of head room for development and an attractive club for young players - id like us to have a model like Leicester or Spurs, were the next set of great players are identified and invested in and give them the platform. Id like to be in the position like the RS - where we could spend money on someone like Dias if we needed to, but also invest in a Harvey Ellliot or Carvalho. While the business was hemerging money and making 100's of millions of losses. I dont think that is impossible.
For that to happen we need to be well-run from the top. And we are anything but that at the moment. So the current hierarchy has to sell to someone.

For that to happen we need to be well-run from the top. And we are anything but that at the moment. So the current hierarchy has to sell to someone.

The difficulty with a sale mate, is our current cost base, is requiring the owner to pump in 100mill - 150 mill a year in finance, just to stop the club going to the wall and to operate. If that stops we are left with a high cost base, bills we cant pay and big big trouble. Thats just paying for what we have not investing in anything else. The club isnt sustainable without 3rd party inward investment at the moment.

American owners may come in and be prepared to cover those losses - but like i say id be skeptical.

30m 20 years ago wasnt as easy to find as you think, back then football had a fraction of the money involved as it has now, anyway staying at Goodison hasnt killed us, we were fine and regular got into Europe
The money was there and ringfenced according to the world's greatest living evertonian or available from Gregg.

Gregg? Not sure but wasn't he a bit dodgy?
No, that was Kenwright spin. Gregg offered a reverse style mortgage, all up front to pay for the stadium, and his shares would increase season by season.
Kenwright obfuscated until the deadline passed, even claiming the money was there on the day it needed to be.
It's why I think he gets the blame, he has been consistently dodgy.

No, that was Kenwright spin. Gregg offered a reverse style mortgage, all up front to pay for the stadium, and his shares would increase season by season.
Kenwright obfuscated until the deadline passed, even claiming the money was there on the day it needed to be.
It's why I think he gets the blame, he has been consistently dodgy.
As dodgy as Moshiri and Kia? Not having it, either way we were stable under Keneright

As dodgy as Moshiri and Kia? Not having it, either way we were stable under Keneright
No we weren't. We were consistently borrowing money 2 years ahead, or from 'friend to Everton FC' who then had control of our transfer policy. One thing I'll give Moshiri, to the best of my awareness, he hasn't come out and blatantly lied to the supporters or the shareholders. He might be crap with his money, but compared with kenwright he's an absolute amateur.

No we weren't. We were consistently borrowing money 2 years ahead, or from 'friend to Everton FC' who then had control of our transfer policy. One thing I'll give Moshiri, to the best of my awareness, he hasn't come out and blatantly lied to the supporters or the shareholders. He might be crap with his money, but compared with kenwright he's an absolute amateur.
So you would rather have this current ownership mess then how we were when Kenwright owned the club?

So you would rather have this current ownership mess then how we were when Kenwright owned the club?
The team may have been more stable, but the club wasn't, which was your original point wasn't it?
I'd rather have no mess, but we are a mess and I'm saying where I think the problems lie.

This could be great news. Im
American and mostly I’m embarrassed to be one lately. Just look at the state of things FFS.

Massive egos though. We do take our sports quite serious.

It could be an another influx of cash.
Corporate structure.
Protocols
A plan or strategy

And with out a doubt about it, the club being run as a business.

After what has just transpired, all of the above in my opinion, would be welcomed change.

I could be wrong. Again, look at the state of it, FFS

Moshiri won't want to prop up Everton by himself in the Championship. It makes the club open to offers and it would appear our good friends across the pond are up for a bit of self flagellation.

What could possibly go wrong.

Well tough, because he’s the one that’s took us there.

Who is letting this info out. If its Moshiri. Its the last horrible thing he is doing to everton. And it's a big one. We are in a relegation fight and he is basically sending a message saying 'i give up'

This is the wrost possible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.