The Americans are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
So still sell at a huge loss which is what you said he’d never do because ‘he is an accountant’
You set the parameters of ‘What happens if we get relegated and are marooned in the bottom half of the championship next year ?’ not what he might do today. Then you hit me with a comment I made about ‘today’

That’s a bit unfair, today we are worth keeping as a gamble we will improve or not get relegated. Your scenario is a world apart and you know it.

You set the parameters of ‘What happens if we get relegated and are marooned in the bottom half of the championship next year ?’ not what he might do today. Then you hit me with a comment I made about ‘today’

That’s a bit unfair
I know but nothing is actually happening ‘today’

There’s no way we are selling prior to the end of the season for example

I know but nothing is actually happening ‘today’

There’s no way we are selling prior to the end of the season for example
Which is what I have sort of said, he won’t sell for a massive loss while there’s a chance of it turning around.
You are hard work, easier to ignore.

Which is what I have sort of said, he won’t sell for a massive loss while there’s a chance of it turning around.
You are hard work, easier to ignore.
Ok fine if you are referring to the next few weeks, which in the grand scheme of things given our league position, is actually a totally irrelevant timeframe

Villa’s owners did

Disagree, the quickest way to earn money in football is the windfall from getting a club from the Championship to the Premier League. That along with a new ground could make us an attractive proposition for someone looking a quick investment then sale.

It's the investment to find on a new stadium that will stop any sale.

No new owner can come in here and destroy the dreams of a fanbase by stopping that in its tracks.

FSF bought Liverpool a few years back for a knock down fire sale price of £300M. If they'd had to find half a billion-to-£600M of investment to make it a goer they'd have walked and left Gillett and Hicks to it.

I would have thought so.

What owners are going to come into here with the PL (if we stay up) telling them what they can spend?

Ones who have no intention of spending any.

US owners are in it for profit only they are literally the worst type of owners a club like ours wants because they only spend what the club makes and clubs outside the "big 6" like us dont make much.

I would give it 3 years of any US consortium owning us before the "yanks out" chatter on social media begins when reality hits of being owned by Capitalist Americans.

The groundwork for BMD Moshiri paid out of his own pocket - that would have been a bank loan put out on the club as would our losses in recent years.

Stay well clear.

Ones who have no intention of spending any.

US owners are in it for profit only they are literally the worst type of owners a club like ours wants because they only spend what the club makes and clubs outside the "big 6" like us dont make much.

I would give it 3 years of any US consortium owning us before the "yanks out" chatter on social media begins when reality hits of being owned by Capitalist Americans.

The groundwork for BMD Moshiri paid out of his own pocket - that would have been a bank loan put out on the club as would our losses in recent years.

Stay well clear.
The only owners worth having from a fan perspective are those who are doing it for political capital. The Oligarchs and sovereign wealth funds are the only one's that will come in and not hollow out the club.

The figure of 350m quoted is co-incidentally rather close to the funds needed to finish BMD.

Could it be the case that we end up de facto tenants in a built out BMD? Pretty common in US stadia..

The only owners worth having from a fan perspective are those who are doing it for political capital. The Oligarchs and sovereign wealth funds are the only one's that will come in and not hollow out the club.

I would happily see Moshiri sell up to anyone but American/European owners as they are driven solely to make as much money by spending the least which in PL terms means spending the bare minimum to keep the club floating in midtable whilst its value naturally increases.

Eastern owners (Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Leicester, Villa, Wolves) whilst wanting a profit often have a desire to "make a go of it" and are happy investing in the aims of succeeding sporting wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.