Terrier in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you’re serious or sarcastic here Goat, but we definitely do!

Bad blue me like blah blah, but short term pain for long term gain and all that..

8th or 9th, it doesnt really matter, sure its worth about 2m in prize money, which is enough to pay Rooney for a few months, its not life changing for the club.

I need any doubt removing that BIG changes need to happen, hopefully a few 5-0s while speed up the process.

I like Huddersfield , had a mammoth drinking session there a couple months back.

Paid £200 in hotel and train tickets to go and watch a band and it turned out the band were playing in an old barn to just me , my missus and 2 others.

Had a great day out though , the hotel was just across from the ground and I did note how easy it is to get there on a match day.

Was slightly concerned that the ground is literally on a hill, though. There’s no way that pitch is flat.

Enjoy the game Terrier3.

Please remember that the away 11 on Saturday, are masquerading as an Everton team.

Hopefully you stay up, FS is binned, and you see a real Everton next season.

Is it true your chairman reduced season ticket prices to £99 this season?
Hey,
Yeah for around 8000 season card holders, he pledged in our centenary year that if we reached the PL season tickets would be £99 and he honoured that this year for those that had had a season ticket every year since the pledge!
They were £199 for everyone else this year and are only £229 for the 18/19 season...

Thanks for the welcome guys. You don't seem that confident, a sentiment echoed on our forum too!

For those of you heading over, here's some suggestions:

Food/Drink:

There are several food establishments in the town centre (about 10 minutes walk from the JSS).

On Leeds Road there is a pub that serves food (all main meals are BOGOF) called the White Rose (about 5 minutes walk from the ground), welcomes away fans and gets quite busy so if you want a table get there early.

Just off Leeds Road there is the Gas Club, £1 entry for non-members but super cheap drinks. Also serves burgers, chips etc. in the downstairs canteen area - not a glamorous venue but cheap.

Magic Rock Brewery - about 15 minute walk to stadium, has some great real ales.

There is a Pizza Hut next to the stadium and a pub called Rope Walk.

Canalside Sports Complex is about a 10 minute walk from the ground and they have loads going on pre match in what they term the 'Fan Zone', there is an indoor and outdoor bar, usually there is a Match Attax tent, live music, games room and loads of stuff for the kids.

More information can be found https://www.htafc.com/news/2018/april/play-footpool-at-the-ppg-canalside-fanzone/

Parking:

There is parking on a first come first served basis at Canalside, it can take a while getting out after the match though and costs £5.

I personally park in Fartown, about a 15 minute walk to the ground, there is plenty of free on street parking available, if you put HD1 6EN in to sat nav you'll find several streets to park on.

There is parking available at the Gas Club also, not sure on cost of that though I'm afraid.

Looking forward to a good game, hope to meet some friendly Evertonians before the game too!

I hope we're up for it too! And yes, pineapple on pizza

and you were doing so well too
giphy.gif

@Terrier3 Whats you prediction for sat then mate,prepar too be bored as hell by Everton probably,and hear sam say we deserved to win after our 1 shot on target etc ,something like that,stick around always mate,even when games ended etc,other fans of clubs here as well lol

Last edited:

Hi Toffees,

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, I hear you've sold out your allocation which is great. Should make for a great game, we could do with racking up some points, our remaining fixtures after Saturday are Man City (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H).

We're loving life in the PL so hope to still be here next season!

If anyone wants any advice re parking, drinking, food etc. just let me know.

Safe journey to those of you travelling across and (bar the result) hope you have a great day!
I was at the game when we last played you in the league in 1972 .
Are Frank Worthington , Trevor Cherry and David Lawson still playing for you?

I was at the game when we last played you in the league in 1972 .
Are Frank Worthington , Trevor Cherry and David Lawson still playing for you?

Trevor Cherry. Now thats a name from the past.

Not a clue he played for Huddersfield, in fact, struggling to recall who he played for at all!

My heart says a win for Town, ideally for us this is a must not lose game, I think a point and we'll be safe. My head knows you're a team that is far and away better than what your performances / league position this season show and I my head says you're going to pull it out of the bag and show us what you're made of! I'll stick around for sure, good to chat on friendly forums - to the Palace fan who posted earlier I assume that's why you're on here as your forum was hostile when I posted on there!

Ha yeah, always! He hosts a pre-match Q&A called 'Boothy's Beer and Banter' at the training ground before each home match (the link in the info post earlier - it's Mick Buxton this week), he has some official position at the club although what that is I'm not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.