Summer transfer window 2023

Sell Maupay to who? Which club is paying anything even remotely close to what we paid for a dwarf with 1 goal in about 30-odd games?

Ideally we need two goal-scoring strikers. If we do sign a couple of attacking players, the likes of Simms & Cannon will probably go back out on loan.
He and Keane had deals to go in January.

Holgate had a choice to leave the past 2 summers.

These "who would buy them" posts are all well and good but there have been buyers.

Been in all the German youth teams as well and looks to have captained u18s, now a current 11 cap u21.

Only thing @Nymzee he was loaned to Schalke with a 3mil obligation and 1.5mil in clauses to be completed if Schalke had stayed up.

That seems a very low figure for someone with his 'credentials'. Any ideas why its so low?

I guess the fee would be similar even though he seems to have been one of Schalke's best players.

Because he’s German not English. They don’t overrate and overprice youth players like we do. Hence the €5-7m valuation this summer.

Because he’s German not English. They don’t overrate and overprice youth players like we do. Hence the €5-7m valuation this summer.

Im probably way off but he looks a bit like Dietmar Hamann. DM, strong in the tackle, decent passer and a good reliable all rounder.

We need another midfielder with only Onana, Garner and the ageing Gana.

Im probably way off but he looks a bit like Dietmar Hamann. DM, strong in the tackle, decent passer and a good reliable all rounder.

We need another midfielder with only Onana, Garner and the ageing Gana.

Yeh he’s certainly nothing flashy. If he was attacker he’d be valued more. RBL sell their academy products on the cheap anyway. Think it would be a wise signing for depth given the low price.

Sell maupay and get gykores in

Would even take bamford as second choice striker for a cheap price as I do like his hold up play.

Not sure what we do with cannon and price though. Loan both out again? give cannon a shot?
Price is away to Europe. Cannon will probably get a pre-season to show what he has or has not learned on loan. We have a few more returning from loans and/or injury in the summer, but I doubt any of them will trouble the first team. (Onyango, Whitaker, Warrington?)

IMG_5718.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

Last edited:

GK: Pickford, Begovic

RB: Patterson, new RB, Coleman

CB: Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Godfrey, new CB, Coady

LB: Mykolenko, new LB

DM: Onana, Gueye

CM: Garner, Doucoure, new midfielder, new midfielder, Warrington

RW: New RW, Gray

CF: New CF, DCL, Simms

LW: McNeil, new LW, Dobbin.

This is what I think would be an ok squad for next season.

Some big outs: Keane Holgate Mina Vinagre, Iwobi, Davies, Gbamin, Gomes, Dele, Townsend, Maupay

Plus a lot of new signings in key areas: CB, LB, RB, 2 x MF, RW, LW, CF.

I don’t think we’ll see anything like this pace of change though and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to still see Keane and Iwobi here next season.

There’s an awful lot of work that needs doing to the squad. I hope that we might be able to get some use from Warrington Dobbin Branthwaite otherwise we have an awful lot of recruitment to do.
Are we offering Begovic a new deal? His contract is up in June.

Sell Maupay to who? Which club is paying anything even remotely close to what we paid for a dwarf with 1 goal in about 30-odd games?

Ideally we need two goal-scoring strikers. If we do sign a couple of attacking players, the likes of Simms & Cannon will probably go back out on loan.
Apparently some Italian club called Salted Peanuts or something were interested in January.
They offered a case of Chianti and 3kgs of penne , seemed a good deal to me. Apparently Bill insisted on Limoncello instead