Summer transfer window 2023

Sell maupay and get gykores in

Would even take bamford as second choice striker for a cheap price as I do like his hold up play.

Not sure what we do with cannon and price though. Loan both out again? give cannon a shot?
Sell Maupay to who? Which club is paying anything even remotely close to what we paid for a dwarf with 1 goal in about 30-odd games?

Ideally we need two goal-scoring strikers. If we do sign a couple of attacking players, the likes of Simms & Cannon will probably go back out on loan.

Keep buying relegated players each season and they will ultimately relegate you.

Yes there are some exceptions where the player is indeed too good, like Gana was, like Maddison would be.

We rave about Doucoure now cos of the strike but we know both him and Mcneil aren't the type of players that would fit in any top 10 side. Good squad players.

We need the takeover to close ASAP so they can move forward with transfers.
Except there is no 'takeover' happening. MSP are set to make an investment in the club to finish funding the stadium, which can later be translated into shares but Moshiri will still be the majority shareholder. MSP investing shouldn't really have any baring on transfer budget or strategy as it's entirely stadium-related.

Keep buying relegated players each season and they will ultimately relegate you.

Yes there are some exceptions where the player is indeed too good, like Gana was, like Maddison would be.

We rave about Doucoure now cos of the strike but we know both him and Mcneil aren't the type of players that would fit in any top 10 side. Good squad players.
Baffling that a large part of our recruitment "strategy" (and I use that word very loosely) seems to be just buying players from relegated clubs to give to no-mark managers and then being surprised that it has us at the bottom of the table instead of the top. Some work out of course, but we are a million miles away from being able to think like a Brighton and recruit like they do.

Baffling that a large part of our recruitment "strategy" (and I use that word very loosely) seems to be just buying players from relegated clubs to give to no-mark managers and then being surprised that it has us at the bottom of the table instead of the top. Some work out of course, but we are a million miles away from being able to think like a Brighton and recruit like they do.
We have swung from buying overpriced fat from top half teams to be forced into buying relegation material.

Still baffles me that we bought Ashley Williams and Yanick Bolasie in our first spending spree.

We have swung from buying overpriced fat from top half teams to be forced into buying relegation material.

Still baffles me that we bought Ashley Williams and Yanick Bolasie in our first spending spree.
Not only are half the signings god awful, but they're so god awful we can't even get a penny back on them because no one else is daft enough to pay for them. No other club in the league thinks it's a winning plan to base a large part of their transfer strategy on "which relegated player is available and fancies another Prem paycheck?".