Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I just read being 26 isn't young anymore?
In football where you have people that age well over 200 Premier League appearances it really isn't that young. It's not like you are signing a 26 year old thinking "he will be so much better in 3 years"

Because no one improves after 26?
It's not that no one does but if you have the choice of a 26 year old or a 21 year old who are exactly the same but both need to improve to be useful which are you spending money on? It's about playing percentages. Fred is low percentage play because of his age, price and current level of performance.

But there’s a middle ground between young and old isn’t there? The point being made was just that he’s not ‘young’, which in football terms he’s not. Doesn’t mean anyone’s saying he can’t get better or is past it.
This is exactly right. I'm saying if we are signing someone who is 26 they should be ready to perform from the off and not be someone we hope to see improve. I want to sign Ziyech who is also 26 because I think he is good right now and I don't want Fred because he is crap right now.

The usual has started and the press have started to print stories of Everton players being sold this summer.

Apparently Richarlison is moving to Man Utd after the battering they took on Sunday. Before that it was Barca and before that Atletico Madrid.

Oh and don’t forget the red scum too

But there’s a middle ground between young and old isn’t there? The point being made was just that he’s not ‘young’, which in football terms he’s not. Doesn’t mean anyone’s saying he can’t get better or is past it.

I didn't read the context I was just alarmed as a 27-year old to read I'm no longer young.

For everyone thinking that Morgan Schiederlin isn't THAT bad, he's on over 100K a week. Everton cannot be spending that kind of money on a medicore player. He's SOOOO easily replaced. Tousart is a good player and I do question his athleticism, but he's much stronger than Morgan, who is a bean pole. He's also a pretty good player, but wouldn't be my first choice in that position. But it seems like every team in France has a younger and better defensive midfielder than Morgan Schneiderlin. Ndombele / Tousart, Mendes, Sangare, Otavio, etc.
Sangare sucks, tousart would demand what Schniederlin is on now or more to play at Everton, Mendes looks bang average, and Ndombele... good luck

Next.

The usual has started and the press have started to print stories of Everton players being sold this summer.

Apparently Richarlison is moving to Man Utd after the battering they took on Sunday. Before that it was Barca and before that Atletico Madrid.

Oh and don’t forget the red scum too

They’ve been doing it to Wolves all season mate, so I wouldn’t worry too much mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.