Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Marca still reporting Everton are set to meet the £27m release clause of Las Palmas star, Jonathan Viera. It will then be up to the player to discuss personal terms but Las Palmas will not be able to challenge the Toffee's on that front.

Dutch player, cant see that being anyone else but Everton, so much good young players coming our way, proper building for the future now

....Marca still reporting Everton are set to meet the £27m release clause of Las Palmas star, Jonathan Viera. It will then be up to the player to discuss personal terms but Las Palmas will not be able to challenge the Toffee's on that front.
So it looks like Iceland will be staying at Swansea

Dutch player, cant see that being anyone else but Everton, so much good young players coming our way, proper building for the future now

This is so positive.

Looking forward to a few of the u23 winners going out on loan proving their worth ready to step in.

Swansea press convinced it's a ruse:

I'd love the player, but I'd love to hear it from more than just Marca.

Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if we were in for both of them. We were after sigurdsson last season. so maybe this lad is barkleys replacement?

Just based on his specific attributes, he actually fits the profile as a Barkley replacement. The Sigurdsson-Barkley comparisons have always been odd to me. They're different players with different strengths. If Ross had signed his extension months back, I doubt we'd be hearing these comparisons between the two. I swear, the "chances created" stat I've seen referenced a billion times is gonna be the end of me.

Just based on his specific attributes, he actually fits the profile as a Barkley replacement. The Sigurdsson-Barkley comparisons have always been odd to me. They're different players with different strengths. If Ross had signed his extension months back, I doubt we'd be hearing these comparisons between the two. I swear, the "chances created" stat I've seen referenced a billion times is gonna be the end of me.

He's not much like Barkley mate

If only it wasn't Matt Law...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...igning-arsenal-striker-olivier-giroud-handed/

Everton’s pursuit of Olivier Giroud has been boosted by Borussia Dortmund’s claim that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be sold this summer.

Giroud had hoped to replace Aubameyang at Dortmund after being pushed down the Arsenal pecking order by Alexandre Lacazette. But Dortmund’s declaration that Aubameyang, who was on the list of strikers Chelsea are considering to replace Diego Costa, will not be sold casts doubt over the prospect of the German club making a bid for Giroud.

Arsenal will demand around £20 million for Giroud and Everton believe they are second on the list of the Frenchman’s preferred destinations. West Ham United have given up on Giroud, while Marseille are yet to launch a bid for the 30-year-old, which will give Everton further hope they are second in the queue behind Dortmund.

Everton want Giroud to replace Romelu Lukaku, but are also interested in Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke, who would be significantly more expensive, and Bournemouth’s Josh King.

Giroud is currently on tour with Arsenal, but has already admitted he could leave the FA Cup holders this summer.

Speaking in Sydney last week, Giroud said: “It (leaving) is an option to be honest with you.

“I’m here in pre-season, I wanted to travel. Some people asked me if I am going to travel or not and of course, I am an Arsenal player and for the moment I am here so I just want to prepare well for the season and we will see later.

“It is true that I really enjoyed my five years with Arsenal. I'm still an Arsenal player for the moment so I try to be professional. No matter what happens, I did my job on the pitch.

“It's been five years that I've been here. It could be my sixth one. I had an amazing welcome from the fans and from the club and it has been five amazing years for me.

“I won't forget it, no matter what happens. We will see about my future but I am still an Arsenal player for the moment.”

On the future of Aubameyang, who Giroud hoped to replace, Dortmund sporting director said: “We have decided that Auba will stay with Borussia Dortmund. The transfer window is closed as far as he is concerned.”

Welcome to Everton, Olivier.

Status
Not open for further replies.