Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another striker, if we go into the season with Sandro an unknown quantity, Rooney and DCL I think we are going to really struggle to replace Rom's goals.

Why don't we sign Bas Dost?

He ticks a lot of boxes. So many headed goals, good finisher, 6' 5", 28, in the form of his life, Holland international, 36 goals in 31 games last season for sporting Lisbon, who only paid 8 million for him last year.

He has a 60m buyout clause, I realise they "might" be able to lower it, but still, depending on price I would take a chance personally.

He ticks a lot of boxes. So many headed goals, good finisher, 6' 5", 28, in the form of his life, Holland international, 36 goals in 31 games last season for sporting Lisbon, who only paid 8 million for him last year.

They want about £40 million

He's not going to get that sort of space in the PL. £40m is a big risk for such a big step up in terms of the quality of opposition.

He's not going to get that sort of space in the PL. £40m is a big risk for such a big step up in terms of the quality of opposition.
True but big strikers traditionally do very well in this league. About 15/20 of his goals were headers. With decent deliveries there will always be opportunities to score headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.