Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez is good - albeit a tap-in merchant but a very good one - but he's not what we need.

For Koeman's system, we require a focal point to our attack. That, ideally, would be Giroud.

would have liked him to have been backup to the striker we'll get. Birng him on and go two up top in games we're drawing would have been great. Have they actually got him then? Honetsly don't know why he's going from leverkusen to west ham. The problem he has is that he needs to be in a good team who provides the balls on the spot. West ham are not good enough to do that and he'll cut an isolated figure a lot.

would have liked him to have been backup to the striker we'll get. Birng him on and go two up top in games we're drawing would have been great. Have they actually got him then? Honetsly don't know why he's going from leverkusen to west ham. The problem he has is that he needs to be in a good team who provides the balls on the spot. West ham are not good enough to do that and he'll cut an isolated figure a lot.

I think a lot of people - myself included at times - are forgetting Sandro mate.

He is a central striker who can play wide, not a winger. He wasn't going to come here over waiting for Atleti/whoever else if he wasn't going to get games :)

We currently have Rooney, Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas, DCL, Bolasie*, Lennon, Dowell and Barkley as our options for the three starting spots in the front line.

Obviously, Bolasie is injured, and Barkley could well be replaced by Gylfi, with the possibility that Lennon and Dowell may both leave.

And, of course, only Rooney, Sandro, Mirallas and DCL would be comfortable down the middle, but still, I don't think we're desperate for two strikers.

I think a lot of people - myself included at times - are forgetting Sandro mate.

He is a central striker who can play wide, not a winger. He wasn't going to come here over waiting for Atleti/whoever else if he wasn't going to get games :)

We currently have Rooney, Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas, DCL, Bolasie*, Lennon, Dowell and Barkley as our options for the three starting spots in the front line.

Obviously, Bolasie is injured, and Barkley could well be replaced by Gylfi, with the possibility that Lennon and Dowell may both leave.

And, of course, only Rooney, Sandro, Mirallas and DCL would be comfortable down the middle, but still, I don't think we're desperate for two strikers.

You see, this is why I am not convinced we are going "all out" for a Giroud or Benteke. I think Sandro might be our no.1 central striker, with DCL as backup and Rooney can play there too. Sigurdsson, should we get him, would play on the left of that front three, with Rooney playing on the right or behind.

We don't need 2 but we definitely need one.

You see, this is why I am not convinced we are going "all out" for a Giroud or Benteke. I think Sandro might be our no.1 central striker, with DCL as backup and Rooney can play there too. Sigurdsson, should we get him, would play on the left of that front three, with Rooney playing on the right or behind.

I think we will go for that type of striker though mate.

Sandro isn't a target man. Neither is Rooney. We do lack some strength and power up front and we will be in for somebody I think.

I'd love us to go for Josh King, but he's much more like Sandro in his style of play.

i just like options. Giroud as the target man, sandro as they pacey outlet, hernandez as the tap in merchant and rooney as the wily old fox with the experience, then DCL as the young up and comer. Think that has everything, which is why i would have liked one of hernandez or iheanacho, but the city's lad price was stupid, so that was a no go for me. Think hernandez would be great value for money for us.

i just like options. Giroud as the target man, sandro as they pacey outlet, hernandez as the tap in merchant and rooney as the wily old fox with the experience, then DCL as the young up and comer. Think that has everything, which is why i would have liked one of hernandez or iheanacho, but the city's lad price was stupid, so that was a no go for me. Think hernandez would be great value for money for us.

i'd agree mate but five strikers is too much for any club!

I won't have any objections if we do buy two forwards, but as long as we get one more in, I'm happy, but I don't think that should be a Hernandez type. We need some strength and physicality in that area more than anything.

i'd agree mate but five strikers is too much for any club!

I won't have any objections if we do buy two forwards, but as long as we get one more in, I'm happy, but I don't think that should be a Hernandez type. We need some strength and physicality in that area more than anything.

in retrospect yes, but i really don't want DCL getting any game time this season tbh, he needs a really good loan for a year or two.

With those options you have rooney and sandro who will be in the starting XI more often than not in the attacking roles behind the striker too.

I think some are underestimating the part DCL will play this season.

We were linked with Patrik Schick earlier this season.

Signed for Juve but failed medical due to a minor heart problem that requires surgery.

Would you want him knowing he could be out for 3-4 months.

Given the fees around £25m for him sounds reasonable.
Hasn't his chairman said that's not true and he's basically got a cold or summat like that? Accusing juve of trying to drive the price down but it won't work; also the price is higher for any other team to swoop in as his buyout clause is expired so they want €50mil now?

in retrospect yes, but i really don't want DCL getting any game time this season tbh, he needs a really good loan for a year or two.

With those options you have rooney and sandro who will be in the starting XI more often than not in the attacking roles behind the striker too.

Koeman rates him and he's just scored a winner in a World Cup final (u20s like)!

He played really well the other night and is a hard grafter and has that bit of quality as well, and is versatile.

I'd much rather have him pushing for a place in the squad over the course of the campaign than another striker on a big fee and big wages. Put that towards getting our primary targets in.

Plenty of time left in the window though and then we'd have January if we really did need another.

Hasn't his chairman said that's not true and he's basically got a cold or summat like that? Accusing juve of trying to drive the price down but it won't work; also the price is higher for any other team to swoop in as his buyout clause is expired so they want €50mil now?

Yep. I posted about it yesterday.
Don't will go for schick though....not if were in for set piece siggo

Yep. I posted about it yesterday.
Don't will go for schick though....not if were in for set piece siggo
I like Schick and his medical issues are apparently fixable but no one in there right mind is throwing £25 million at someone about to have heart surgery. Maybe we go in later but Juve would probably be back too

Status
Not open for further replies.