Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Rooney talk is nothing more than that, its talk. The media like the idea of it. I think the deal would have to be right if he came to us in the Summer. I think Manchester United have a bit of a problem, they could do with getting rid of him, because he is not really in Mourinho's plans and is on about £300,000 a week and his contract runs to summer 2019 or 2020 i think. I don't think many will be able to afford his wages or want to pay his wages, he also wants to go to the world cup in the summer of 2018, so a transfer to MLS or China is probably a no go, until after the world cup. Therefore I think the only thing that could happen is; he gets a "golden handshake" from Man Utd and sold to a European club for an "undisclosed" fee (free), or goes on Loan to a Serie A team, Or he sticks it out at Old Trafford till next summer, then goes to China or MLS after the World Cup.

I am not sure how he fits in here though, in an ideal world I would prefer us to keep Barkley and sign someone like Oxlade-Chamberlain or Youri Tielemans to compete with him for the number 10 position. If Rooney comes in I am sure he will want to be starting, which could push Ross out onto the wing, which is not his best position.

I think having a blue here who is a proven winner will have a positive effect on the team ,even if it was just off the pitch. Imagine what sort of impact training alongside Rooney would have on our young attackers? What sort of mentality he could bring the the squad, considering he spent the whole career winning and competing?

No Ox or Rooney thanks. In relation to Rooney we are clearly hamstrung on wages by FFP so why would we allocate so much to a guy that is clearly on the decline

All the Rooney talk is nothing more than that, its talk. The media like the idea of it. I think the deal would have to be right if he came to us in the Summer. I think Manchester United have a bit of a problem, they could do with getting rid of him, because he is not really in Mourinho's plans and is on about £300,000 a week and his contract runs to summer 2019 or 2020 i think. I don't think many will be able to afford his wages or want to pay his wages, he also wants to go to the world cup in the summer of 2018, so a transfer to MLS or China is probably a no go, until after the world cup. Therefore I think the only thing that could happen is; he gets a "golden handshake" from Man Utd and sold to a European club for an "undisclosed" fee (free), or goes on Loan to a Serie A team, Or he sticks it out at Old Trafford till next summer, then goes to China or MLS after the World Cup.

I am not sure how he fits in here though, in an ideal world I would prefer us to keep Barkley and sign someone like Oxlade-Chamberlain or Youri Tielemans to compete with him for the number 10 position. If Rooney comes in I am sure he will want to be starting, which could push Ross out onto the wing, which is not his best position.

It's far more than talk. There's legitimate interest from our side, has been since the Ferguson game. Only gotten bigger since Koeman took over.

Ross could finally move to his position, next to Davies or Gana - just in front of Morgan. Rooney next to Romelu, or just off, floating as a 'second striker.'

The deal works for everyone and Rooney still has it. Just needs a move to revitalise himself.

Wayne needed to be sold at the time.
He was also rapidly outgrowing us as well,
The shoe is on the other foot now,
Even though he'd be miles better than what we've got as a second striker,attacking midfielder,right now.
I'm sure the likes of Valencia,Kone et al,
Will be replaced by more suitable replacements,age,fitness and sell on fee etc.
No room for sentiments anymore.

I would not rule this out at all.
I think Rooney still has international ambitions. There is probably unfinished business there from previous competitions. If he stays at Utd then his club and international career will disappear very quickly if he continues to sit on the bench.

I think that Rooney still would like the thought of coming back to play for Everton and it certainly could reenergise his career and he is hardly a bad player as it is.

He would be signing for us still aged 31(albeit an old 31) and certainly could have a positive impact for at least a couple of seasons.

It probably all comes down to Rooney and the influence that Stretford still has on him. Stretford would send him to play football on the moon if the price was right, but can he still influence Rooney as he once did ? I don't believe that the money side of the deal is insurmountable if the will is there.
Rooney could play for Everton for two seasons and probably still go to America(much more likely) or China for a final cash windfall if that was what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.