Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone alluded to earlier Utd will give him a golden handshake to get him off their books.

The lad is past his best football wise.
It's for this reason and this reason alone that I don't want Everton to touch him.
Uncle bill can do one with any Luvvie duvvie nostalgic thoughts.

Rooney must be made for his and his child's life already, he can't be motivated by money, surely?

But that's not the point. That's how we think, but professional footballers don't think like us. A 50% pay cut is a 50% pay cut, which will be a hell of a lot to anyone, and don't forget the lifestyle he lives is based around him earning obscene amounts of money. His £300k a week contract runs for another 2 years, he's not going to take a cut on that because what's the point?

This is defo nailed on as his ego would not let him go to Sunderland or Hull and he could relive his farytale charity appearance in a blue shirt, every week. Of course his bank account would be the charity we gave to this time around. He would not be a bad purchase as he could fill in multiple roles for us. Lets face it he is well past his best and the only teams he'd regularly get into as a starter would be kak so rather than take that shiz he could come back to the old lady and revitalise his endorsements but this time in blue. Utd give him a wedge to go and he joins us for 100k a week - obvious.

I think Rooney is finally coming. The question is, which formation are we going to play with him. 4-1-2-1-2?
Joel - Coleman, Keane, VVD, Baines - Schneiderlin - Gueye, Davies - Barkley - Rooney, Lukaku
Get in some backups and that team could be good enough to challenge for top 4 IMO.

For people saying Rooney is past it. As a striker leading the line then I agree but as someone a little deeper he'd instantly become our most creative player if he signed. His passing range is incredible and he still has tons of desire.
I agree I wouldn't want to be giving him more than £100k a week but if we could get him for a couple of years I think he'd do very well for us.

But that's not the point. That's how we think, but professional footballers don't think like us. A 50% pay cut is a 50% pay cut, which will be a hell of a lot to anyone, and don't forget the lifestyle he lives is based around him earning obscene amounts of money. His £300k a week contract runs for another 2 years, he's not going to take a cut on that because what's the point?

..I'm sure United would be happy to get him off their books with a pay off and I'm sure he'd demand a massive signing fee if he came to us. That would cover the remainder of this contract. When money and footballers are mentioned, don't forget the agent and Rooney PLC who would want their %.

I'm usually cynical with footballers but Rooney could clearly have gone to China now but I genuinely think football matters to him. United are still involved in a few cup competitions and fighting for top4 which he wants to be part of.

Personally, I wouldn't rule out a return to Everton to bookend his career. He'll know game time might be limited but he could find it attractive to be part of embryonic Everton Project. From a club perspective, it will certainly raise our profile globally and show we mean business. I can see it happening and I can see the value for all concerned.

..I'm sure United would be happy to get him off their books with a pay off and I'm sure he'd demand a massive signing fee if he came to us. That would cover the remainder of this contract. When money and footballers are mentioned, don't forget the agent and Rooney PLC who would want their %.

I'm usually cynical with footballers but Rooney could clearly have gone to China now but I genuinely think football matters to him. United are still involved in a few cup competitions and fighting for top4 which he wants to be part of.

Personally, I wouldn't rule out a return to Everton to bookend his career. He'll know game time might be limited but he could find it attractive to be part of embryonic Everton Project. From a club perspective, it will certainly raise our profile globally and show we mean business. I can see it happening and I can see the value for all concerned.
I'm not so sure the issue of his wages would be that easy to overcome and if he would be worth being our top earner at this stage of his career.

Don't want Rooney for the wages he'd demand, and the fact that he's only going to decline here rather than improve. Last summer yeah, not now. There's a reason United don't want him anymore. Futhermore, he's a United player who happens to be an Everton fan, he's given them his whole career and I don't want the dregs.

In McNulty's piece on Leicester he casually throws in that we want Schmeichel.

Don't want Rooney for the wages he'd demand, and the fact that he's only going to decline here rather than improve. Last summer yeah, not now. There's a reason United don't want him anymore. Futhermore, he's a United player who happens to be an Everton fan, he's given them his whole career and I don't want the dregs.

In McNulty's piece on Leicester he casually throws in that we want Schmeichel.

Ffs

I'm not so sure the issue of his wages would be that easy to overcome and if he would be worth being our top earner at this stage of his career.

..EFC might well see it as a spend to save initiative. There's no doubt in Rooney's global attraction and his acquisition could be a much needed boost to the club's profile in pursuit of sponsorship, new stadium, new players etc. He's not a bad footballer either and could be good to have around the dressing room (in a similar way to Andy Gray giving us a winning mentality in the 80s).

I'd have Rooney here just to annoy Stretford, who's desperately trying to get him over to China just to line his own pockets (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.