Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept saying we should have got him last year....strange he went to celtic

Not really strange Zat.

He was 19 at the time, and despite looking promising, hadn't scored tons of goals in the Championship.

Hence, while PL clubs were interested, they looked for more 'proven' alternatives.

Dembele needed game time as much as he needed a step up in size and stature of club. Celtic - under Rodgers - was (and has proved to be) the perfect move for him.

Regular game time at a massive club, playing with better players/manager than at Fulham, Champions League experience.

A sensible move for the lad.

There's not one player we could realistically sign who is remotely close to the level of Lukaku.

Lacazette may be the most comparable in terms of goals, though again whether he'd be realistic or not is a different matter.

He's also not as good all-round as Rom.

There's not one player we could realistically sign who is remotely close to the level of Lukaku.

We may as well give up then.

You never know. We could end up signing someone totally random who ends up banging them in.

He would obviously be a big loss but we have sold better players than him and still kept going.

We may as well give up then.

You never know. We could end up signing someone totally random who ends up banging them in.

He would obviously be a big loss but we have sold better players than him and still kept going.
The shower across the park sold suarez..possibly one the greatest single players a premier side have had....bought in some good players to try to plug the toothy gap and they are doing alright. It is possible to achieve great things with a solid team rather than relying on one worldy.

No point buying Benteke unless we change how we play. No one in the side can cross a ball except occasionally Barkley (Del if he comes back, Bolasie as well). Benteke is just as bad as Lukaku at the whole slick interplay with Barkley stuff we try away from home. If Koeman looks to play like he did at Southampton then he'd be a good buy but how we play now I couldn't see it.

Maybe bentekes hold up play and first touch is excellent... much better than Rom... rom is the Better player obviously but not in that area

The shower across the park sold suarez..possibly one the greatest single players a premier side have had....bought in some good players to try to plug the toothy gap and they are doing alright. It is possible to achieve great things with a solid team rather than relying on one worldy.

I don't think that's the best example to be honest because they went from a slip away from the title to sacking the manager .

As it happens I think we'll probably do ok in that we'll completely adjust out frontline . whereas we are currently set up for lukaku I'd expect a new system nowhere near as reliant on one man.

Can't see them playing in a 4-3-3 which is Koemans preferred formation
Or in a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1 so not very likely

He does suite koemans system of rom goes ... he likes a target man and away from home ... like westham ... when we are pumping it long it would be nice to have a physical player that can actually give someone like collins a battle ...

He does suite koemans system of rom goes ... he likes a target man and away from home ... like westham ... when we are pumping it long it would be nice to have a physical player that can actually give someone like collins a battle ...
But your original post was for the 2 of them together which won't happen under Koeman

There isn't I agree if we're talking individually. But if he were to leave then you have to look at replacing his goals collectively.

Everything we do is aimed at Lukaku. There's very few goals spread around the rest of the team because he's the focal point of our attack. Like I say, we more than likely won't find another who will score the same amount of goals, but if we sign two or three attacking players with the money he'll fetch then we could replace his goals throughout the team.

If he's sold, it will be interesting to see the goals for column at the end of next season compared to this.

If it's similar to this year then he's been replaced adequately. I'm not saying it'll be a positive if he goes because it'll be a huge blow no doubt about it, but it'll be interesting to see who we bring in as replacements and how different we set up as a team.

I love Lukaku, he can be brilliant, I'd like to keep him, but what he does for us is not irreplaceable by a long shot.

We're a good footballing team and we make chances. Many strikers out there could score 20 goals in our full strength side in my opinion.

Benteke one of them.

Too many idiot footballers who back themselves to get into the top sides, when they don't have a chance, see Lucas Perez and Sissoko. Neither of them was going to get any playing time for Spurs or Arsenal.

Twelve months on they are both looking for moves. Would Everton be interested again? Fat chance.

Michael Keane take note. If you want regular first team football you won't get it at Spurs, as your arn't anywhere near the standard of their current centre backs. Same for Utd, he left because he was nowhere near the first team and there is talk of him going back. Mourinho would drop him at the drop of a hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.