Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point buying Benteke unless we change how we play. No one in the side can cross a ball except occasionally Barkley (Del if he comes back, Bolasie as well). Benteke is just as bad as Lukaku at the whole slick interplay with Barkley stuff we try away from home. If Koeman looks to play like he did at Southampton then he'd be a good buy but how we play now I couldn't see it.

Reactions: gez
No point buying Benteke unless we change how we play. No one in the side can cross a ball except occasionally Barkley (Del if he comes back, Bolasie as well). Benteke is just as bad as Lukaku at the whole slick interplay with Barkley stuff we try away from home. If Koeman looks to play like he did at Southampton then he'd be a good buy but how we play now I couldn't see it.

If Lukaku goes I think Koeman will change our whole attacking line. I think he'll go for a similar set up to how he had it at Southampton with a front 3 of a big target man (Benteke/Austin/Willian Jose) a Tadic type creative player to the left (Sigurdsson?) And a pacey Mane type direct player on the other side

Said the same, he was better than lukaku at the time, but lukaku had better potential. He'd be my top choice as well as giroud if we sold lukaku, it's just palace spunked £32m on when they should have paid £10m less than that from the RS.

Anyway, I like how this came just after @Simon baker said he was better than benteke, still awaiting his playing record to back it up with stats.
Haha love it was clearly tongue in cheek my finishing isnt quite up to Prem level. In all seriousness not for me not mobile enough Achilles snap means he lost any pace he ever had & he only put a shift in today as he was playing his former employers.

Haha love it was clearly tongue in cheek my finishing isnt quite up to Prem level. In all seriousness not for me not mobile enough Achilles snap means he lost any pace he ever had & he only put a shift in today as he was playing his former employers.

Ha, you and me both. Yeah probably, but he's still a monster in the air, I'm a massive fan of the lad, even more so now he's flopped at the RS and is now still doing the bizz like he did before. They should have waited a bit longer after his injury, I said it at the time they bought him, but it was a stupid signing regardless, they bought him with no idea of what to do with him.

I see how Siggurdson works fantastically with llorente, if we bring him in, benteke would be a perfect partner.

Ha, you and me both. Yeah probably, but he's still a monster in the air, I'm a massive fan of the lad, even more so now he's flopped at the RS and is now still doing the bizz like he did before. They should have waited a bit longer after his injury, I said it at the time they bought him, but it was a stupid signing regardless, they bought him with no idea of what to do with him.

I see how Siggurdson works fantastically with llorente, if we bring him in, benteke would be a perfect partner.
I think I just don't like that type of striker as first choice rather have someone with more mobility. It would be great if we could have him as plan b

I think had we signed Arntaovic we would have gone a totally different formation this season and went 4-3-3

Arntaovic (Tadic) Lukaku (Pelle) Bolasie (Mane)

Once Rom goes in the summer expect us bringing in a new front 3 especially with Bolasie out til 2018

I think had we signed Arntaovic we would have gone a totally different formation this season and went 4-3-3

Arntaovic (Tadic) Lukaku (Pelle) Bolasie (Mane)

Once Rom goes in the summer expect us bringing in a new front 3 especially with Bolasie out til 2018

Arnautovic is talented, but like most of that stoke squad, they're also not reliable enough hence being at stoke.

Arnautovic is talented, but like most of that stoke squad, they're also not reliable enough hence being at stoke.

I would take Butland in a heartbeat. I think Stoke would also sell for the right price. Throw £25 millon at them and get him in. Once fully fit he'll be England's future no1

Siggurdson could be the difference between a scoreless draw and a win in games we struggle in, such as our last game. People try to compare him to barkley but he's completely different.

Hows this for a scenario?

Rom sold in exchange for Abraham and 70m.

Rooney on a free
Belotti/Lacazette 40m
Valencia 12m

I think I would take that in a heart beat and in my eyes v realistic.

Abraham
Rooney
Belotti/Lacazette
Valencia

Not bad front four options.

Status
Not open for further replies.