Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 is age enough to lead a team. Dolberg is 19 and leads Ajax's attack.
Harry Kane at 20 was poor, until he turned 21, then he lead the line and scored 21 goals.

Are you saying you would have ditched Kane, and sold him off for pennies right before he blew up? For shame Davy. Based on your wanting to sell Kane at 20 I think its pretty clear we shouldn't trust your advice on players.

That's just not true. There is no range of data you or anyone can turn to that shows a non-financial elite PL club like us spending £30M with regularity for players in this window...and to other non-financial elite teams. The elite are in a position to exact such huge fees, but not those clubs.

Anyway, that debate is now I suppose for next week once all deals are done and we can see what's what.

Now is time for wondering who the hell we bring in as a striker.

That will be cos no other non elite club has ever sold a player for 100m in a market in which prices for rubbish players start at 16m.

Sam Clucas just cost somebody 16m Dave, given this as the benchmark, we underpaid for all our players.

You know the lad who got the PL golden boot last season and the season before?

What was he up to at 20 Dave?
The point is age is not a barrier to leading an attack. We shouldn't believe because he's 20 he cant do it. That's just daft.

My point is that £45M deals between non-elite clubs for a player is highly irregular.

I cant think of another instance when such cash has changed hands between such clubs.
We'll just have to wait and see what Moshiri has planned, I suppose.

Kenwright, Woods, etc aren't getting any younger and they still own a significant amount of shares. I have a feeling they're being kept there for a reason.

Harry Kane at 20 was poor, until he turned 21, then he lead the line and scored 21 goals.

Are you saying you would have ditched Kane, and sold him off for pennies right before he blew up? For shame Davy. Based on your wanting to sell Kane at 20 I think its pretty clear we shouldn't trust your advice on players.
20/21, not a great deal of difference.

Kane does it and Dolberg does because they have the class to do it and are ready to. Age is not the determining factor, talent is.

That will be cos no other non elite club has ever sold a player for 100m in a market in which prices for rubbish players start at 16m.

Sam Clucas just cost somebody 16m Dave, given this as the benchmark, we underpaid for all our players.
If you deal with elite clubs you put another minimum £10M on top.

I think we allowed ourselves to be positioned like that and fall into that trap this summer.

Anyway, who do you think we should or will get as a striker now that we've almost left it too late?

Ok, so if we don't get a striker deal over the line then sandro is the main striker along side lewen. Does it matter that they aren't the same as lukaku? If sandro plays off the striker and Rooney sits further back as shown so far, who is the striker that they are all playing off?

At the moment it is Lewen. It ill be a new striker by next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.