Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But RK has always underlined theres been no interest for Ross, so why would we think that?
Because the club want to sell and will do for whatever they can get before the end of the window. He keeps spouting no bids to remind clubs that he is still for sale.

Derails every thread he posts in so you are wrong. Thread in here on most topics so don't need to reading his nonsense in the transfer thread when its not transfer related.

He doesn't though - he's always talking about Everton (in the Everton forum), in this thread he is talking about transfers and money he perceives to have been wasted, and in the Koeman thread he takes a dim view of the activities of ... er... Koeman.

He's simply too good at arguing for the people trying to contradict him.

Anyway, on to transfers - centre forward needs to be an established Premier League goalscorer so Benteke, Giroud or Vardy (puke) the only viable options.

I think if it gets to £40M for a player like Sigurdsson you walk away...quickly. Let the selling club think about it and see the painful truth (for them) that no one else is coming in for Sigurdsson for £40M either and let them stew in their own piss before begging you to come back and give them £35M.
I get what you're saying mate but it's a dangerous game bluff. If neither side give in, which happens a lot, everybody loses. I can see this happening at Southampton with VVD and Liverpool with Coutinho. It get's to the stage where the selling club can't sell because they have no time to bring in replacements. We're pretty much there now. In the current climate (certainly in England where clubs have the TV money) the selling clubs hold the upper hand, but could still be left with a disgruntled key player to deal with. Hopefully this happens with Coutinho. It's the buying club that usually have to fold in these cases and end up having to pay a premium for players they really want.

You're wasting your breath mate. He's not interested in Everton doing well under Koeman, as whoever came in to replace El Fraudo was going to be lambasted by him, as he'd buried himself that far up Brown Shoes that he needs his successor to compare unfavourably with him, in order for him to be proven 'right' on the internet.

Same goes for Moshiri, he's labelled him a carpet bagger, so everything off the pitch has to have a downer applied as well

Great Blue though......apparently.

Dave moaned about Moshiri and questioned about net spend. Then he moaned about the gross spend when he slated Koeman for wasting money and must get top 4 while totally ignore our desire to rebuild a bottom half squad left over by El Fraudo.

So I asked him about his opinion, on a few occasions regarding his hero giving £20m to a relegated club for 2 players in 2013. What is that worth in todays market...was that a waste...he denied to answer.

He doesn't though - he's always talking about Everton (in the Everton forum), in this thread he is talking about transfers and money he perceives to have been wasted, and in the Koeman thread he takes a dim view of the activities of ... er... Koeman.

Anyway, on to transfers - centre forward needs to be an established Premier League goalscorer so Benteke, Giroud or Vardy (puke) the only viable options.

joshua king outscored all of this last season..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Excellent :)

Will be Shane Long !!

Established was the word here Neil, King has only done it once. The other three have lots of goals.

I'm just using last seasons stats has i cant be bothered further

I think i have found our man! Big guy , good in the air, would be a reasonable price, got 10 goals last season and their club have just bought another striker

SAM VOKES

A suggestion about anyone being wound up about Davek. Tell him to watch the last Liverpool-Everton game under Martinez. And to keep watching it until he's learnt from it.

Any talk of players being 'too expensive' is redundant and simply demonstrating a lack of understanding of capitalism. People like @AdaBrummieblue get it spot on.
There's no objective 'formula' for calculating a player's transfer fee, simply what buyers and sellers will agree on.

Yep.

As soon as Lukaku left the first player through the door should have been a big statement signing of a CF to replace him.

Now...as a direct result of pursuing Sigurdsson so hard...we are in a very panicky situation casting round for a forward.

I would not be surprised if we did a loan deal now.
Agree with this. But I don't see why we couldn't have done this at the same time as pursuing Siggy. I don't necessarily believe one issue has caused the other. Whatever the reason it's disappointing that we still haven't sorted out this very important area with only a week left.

Would actually rather we loan somebody than waste money on buying a forward that isn't of the quality we need. Problem is, I don't see many around who would be available on loan. In fact, I don't see anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.