Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate.

I can raise a valid argument as to why it's no, but to use the same argument he uses - no, mate. You're wrong, Everton are poo, Koeman is a fatso who doesn't understand half as much as me about football and Moshiri is an absolute fraud because our net spend is not 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 gorillion pounds. Prove me wrong.

Am I as masterful at arguing too now?

Truth is he's wrong a lot and the constant negativity about anything and everything doesn't help and the type of arguing mentioned above is far from 'arguing' and it's just being obtuse most the time, but hey ho, he's a top blue so I suppose we can overlook just about every thread Dave derails often.

"5th and 15th are the same", never forget.

In danger of yet again taking the thread off topic - guys, stick to transfer chat not arguing about @davek eh ?

I get what you're saying mate but it's a dangerous game bluff. If neither side give in, which happens a lot, everybody loses. I can see this happening at Southampton with VVD and Liverpool with Coutinho. It get's to the stage where the selling club can't sell because they have no time to bring in replacements. We're pretty much there now. In the current climate (certainly in England where clubs have the TV money) the selling clubs hold the upper hand, but could still be left with a disgruntled key player to deal with. Hopefully this happens with Coutinho. It's the buying club that usually have to fold in these cases and end up having to pay a premium for players they really want.
Another dangerous game is to hand over the asking price for a player without standing your ground and finding a middle point to agree upon. That attitude will haunt us in future transactions. We've done it this summer because Koeman isn't bothered about medium to long term considerations of that nature.

If we were a club that had a lot of squad investment independent of player sales I wouldn't be concerned about paying over the odds by £10M or so. But we aren't in that position.

Sooooo maybe an odd question in this thread atm but

Are we solidly linked with anybody atm?

Are Giroud, VVD and other links all definately off?

Could one of the fringe exciting players of other teams be plucked? Someone like Rashford/Martial (current form is outstanding)
Who have moved down the line or Wellbeck/Perez?

Or do we think it will be radio silence until transfer deadline day? ... is there any chance that the massive increase of tv money also came with stipulations such as ensuring deals are announced on deadline day so sky sports can capitalize on a day of extreme viewership?

I hope one question lands this thread back on track

Into Hadjuk tonight blues ;)

Another dangerous game is to hand over the asking price for a player without standing your ground and finding a middle point to agree upon. That attitude will haunt us in future transactions. We've done it this summer because Koeman isn't bothered about medium to long term considerations of that nature.

If we were a club that had a lot of squad investment independent of player sales I wouldn't be concerned about paying over the odds by £10M or so. But we aren't in that position.

But its only you that thinks we overpaid for anybody.

Every signing we have made we have made the market price.

Agree with this. But I don't see why we couldn't have done this at the same time as pursuing Siggy. I don't necessarily believe one issue has caused the other. Whatever the reason it's disappointing that we still haven't sorted out this very important area with only a week left.

Would actually rather we loan somebody than waste money on buying a forward that isn't of the quality we need. Problem is, I don't see many around who would be available on loan. In fact, I don't see anyone.
I can see a loan deal for Remy coming off in a blind panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.