Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, remember that Mbemba turning up in some sort of top hat and tails, he looked a whopper. It was used to hammer the manager at the time but cant remember who it was.

Anyone else worried Walcott could be a surprise out? Not Played one minute in pre-season no real info on what is wrong with him? Hope I am wrong but got a feeling he could be on his way?

Injured isn’t he? Potentially fit for tonight I think I read somewhere.

He has also put his Hertfordshire mansion up for sale recently, so doesn’t sound like he is planning a move south at least.

With Silva saying he wants to work with 22-24 outfield players we would probably go with the following.
Obvs we have Pickford & Stek so we are probably bringing another random Rob Green style goalie in

Definitely Staying
Schneiderlin
Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Walcott
Tosun
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Davies
Calvert Lewin
Richarlison
Holgate
Kenny

We then have a pool of maybes, wether it be the manager isnt sure or its likely they be loaned out for experience
Sandro
Martina
McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman
Robinson
Connolly
Baningime
Pennington

And the list of more than likely to be gone
Williams
Bolasie
Mirallas
Klaassen
Browning
Galloway

So we have 15 definates (add maybe 3 new signings), gives us 18 definates, leaves us needing to get shut of about 6 of the 11 maybes plus the 6 definates.

I think the definates may actually be harder to shift than the maybes, the loan window for the championship stays open after ours close, so it may be a case of having to wait a little after the season starts if we are loaning some of the younger ones out for experience, although im not sure how a year in the championship would help Dowell/Connolly/Vlasic or even Baningime
I'd like to see 2 in every outfield position, plus Connolly and DCL. Between the 2 of them they pretty much cover every position in case of injuries.

That still gives us a fair few players to try and move on, either permanently or on loan.

We desperately need the CB and left back sorted to give them a chance to maybe have a week's training and a friendly with the team. Otherwise we start against Wolves with Keane /Jags

I’ve just read that we have upped our bid for Mina and a deal is close granted it’s from goal and reported in the echo. I hope to god it’s true

With Silva saying he wants to work with 22-24 outfield players we would probably go with the following.
Obvs we have Pickford & Stek so we are probably bringing another random Rob Green style goalie in

Definitely Staying
Schneiderlin - first team player but should be sold imo before his stock plummets to 5 mil
Baines - first team player / solid back up for the new left back
Keane - unfortunately staying - first team player
Jagielka - unfortunately staying - should be sold but no one will sign him as he's one of our highest earners
Walcott - first team player
Tosun - first team player
Gueye - first team player
Sigurdsson - first team player
Niasse - first team player
Coleman - first team player
Davies - should be loaned out but will no doubt be a first team player
Calvert Lewin - should be loaned out but will probably be a back up striker
Richarlison - first team player
Holgate - first team player / back up CB
Kenny - should be loaned out

We then have a pool of maybes, wether it be the manager isnt sure or its likely they be loaned out for experience
Sandro - should be loaned out or used as a backup striker
Martina - back up right back
McCarthy - should be sold but will probably be used as a backup midfielder
Besic - first team player / rotation midfielder
Vlasic - should be loaned out
Dowell - should be loaned out / back up midfielder
Lookman - first team player
Robinson - should be loaned out
Connolly - should be loaned out
Baningime - should be loaned out / back up midfielder
Pennington - should be loaned out

And the list of more than likely to be gone
Williams - unfortunately staying - should be sold but no one will sign him so will end up being a first team player
Bolasie - should be sold or loaned out but may be difficult to shift
Mirallas - should be sold or loaned out
Klaassen -back up midfielder or loaned out
Browning - should be loaned out
Galloway - should be loaned out

So we have 15 definates (add maybe 3 new signings), gives us 18 definates, leaves us needing to get shut of about 6 of the 11 maybes plus the 6 definates.

I think the definates may actually be harder to shift than the maybes, the loan window for the championship stays open after ours close, so it may be a case of having to wait a little after the season starts if we are loaning some of the younger ones out for experience, although im not sure how a year in the championship would help Dowell/Connolly/Vlasic or even Baningime

for me the only likely definates are

Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Martina
Walcott
Tosun
Stekelenburg
Pickford
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Richarlison
Davies
Besic
Lookman
maybe Calvert-Lewin

the rest are surplus to requirements

if Digne and Mina join then that makes 21 players and its likely that Klassen, Bolasie, Sandro and Mirallas will be given a second chance

the problem is that we are overloaded with wingers and strikers that I can't really see any of the youth midfielders / strikers getting much game time

Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Martina
Walcott
Tosun
Stekelenburg
Pickford
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Richarlison
Davies
Besic
Lookman
maybe Calvert-Lewin

if Digne and Mina join then that makes 21 players and its likely that Klassen, Bolasie, Sandro and Mirallas will be given a second chance

the problem is that we are overloaded with wingers and strikers that I can't really see any of the youth midfielders / strikers getting much game time
Benni ?

Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Martina
Walcott
Tosun
Stekelenburg
Pickford
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Richarlison
Davies
Besic
Lookman
maybe Calvert-Lewin

for you is a bit different to Marco Silva though isnt it mate?
Likes of Lookman/Besic we have no idea what is going to happen to them so why put them on a definite list?

Status
Not open for further replies.