Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookman > Bolasie/DCL
Holgate > Williams
Coleman > Kenny
Siggurdson > Rooney (at 10)

Even if the players on the way are playing far more games in their correct positions than the ones on the right who were occupying them for most of last season then we’d improve without a single player being brought in.

Admittedly we do need 2 or 3 but I would hope improvement would be there even if we didn’t make any signings after so much under performance last season.

Agree with your analysis apart from Holgate.

As I, probably nauseatingly, repeated last season- the lad has done absolutely nothing to show he can be a regular starter at CB.

Williams is cack, granted, but the belief in Holgate is completely unfounded.

I like it when people say, wait, Brands and Silva have this covered, it’s like sitting in the station not knowing the last train has already left and suddenly the sun appears on the horizon,

Agree with your analysis apart from Holgate.

As I, probably nauseatingly, repeated last season- the lad has done absolutely nothing to show he can be a regular starter at CB.

Williams is cack, granted, but the belief in Holgate is completely unfounded.

Except that the only run of clean sheets we had last season came with him in the side. As soon as he dropped out it went back to being a couple of goals a game conceded.

I’d say it was Moshiri’s statements saying that we’ll never have money worries and Everton’s campaign that everything will change, implying we’ll no longer be bargain basement shopping, that has contributed to the restlessness of the fanbase.

But we don't have money worries. We aren't in our eyeballs of debt anymore.
But rich men / women stay rich by being astute with their finances- a trait we were far from being last summer.
It's no problem whatsoever for him to say, in the era of PL TV rights, "i'll clear the debt and buy you a stadium- use incoming revenues for transfers".

Lookman > Bolasie/DCL
Holgate > Williams
Coleman > Kenny
Siggurdson > Rooney (at 10)

Even if the players on the way are playing far more games in their correct positions than the ones on the right who were occupying them for most of last season then we’d improve without a single player being brought in.

Admittedly we do need 2 or 3 but I would hope improvement would be there even if we didn’t make any signings after so much under performance last season.

Lookman, like a new signing

Except that the only run of clean sheets we had last season came with him in the side. As soon as he dropped out it went back to being a couple of goals a game conceded.
So i'm not looking for a needle in a haystack, can you give me the month / time of the season it was?

don't get the obsession about West Ham here, yes they have signed some seemingly big names on paper but dont they sign some marquee players every other year and still fail? Some of y'all are only raving about them because they are basically barking like dogs in the market and nothing more. Having said that, Pellegrini is no pushover either, even when you discount his tenure at City and Madrid, his history with mid-table clubs suggest that he has the ability to bring the best out of them. Look up his time at Villareal or Malaga. Whether he can do it with a bunch of mercenaries at West Ham is a complex question which can only be answered once the season starts. Personally I think it is very unlikely given their opening fixture list.

I believe Silva is a modern up and coming coach who will have more motivation right now prove and he like Pellegrini he has shown that he can bring the best out of an average squad too, a couple of signings and boom we should be up there consolidating 7th place at the very least. When it comes Silva vs Pellegrini, the only factor that comes to my mind is that Silva will be more motivated to prove something that Pellegrini.

Yeah dont understand that shout myself either, hes utterly rank, but regardless, they aint getting 100m for him, which is roughly what they have spent so far.

Unless....

GettyImages-531944380.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.