Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about opinions. And it's hard to compare different eras too.
I was young when Maradona was at his peak so I'm goin to say him.
Every era has its outstanding players and I believe trying to define one as the greatest ever is futile and ultimately meaningless. What matters is that all those players whether Pele, Maradona or even our own Dixie Dean defined what was 'the best' in their time and in the process entertained and enthralled us and to have witnessed them in action is a privilege for us all.
I firmly believe what sets these players apart is not their talent, which they worked hard to perfect, and which was and is shared by many of their less reknowned contemporaries but their desire and determination to be the best , to give their all to achieve a lasting immortality.
Like thousands of other 'lesser' players two men under discussion currently , Shaquiri and Wilshere, stand as perfect examples of players who have gained the talent but sadly lack the desire to approach those heights.

I would like us to sign a defender who when the ball comes near him he goes WHACK and gets it clear.

Could we also have one - ideally the same player - who can also pass it 5 yards to our midfielders as well please, C? That would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.