Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
His price is only what somebody is willing to pay.

Seems like he wants go and play with his brother to me, hes complete garbo, so personally I will be glad to not have to watch the clumsy oaf anymore.

I would pay them 7.5m just to take him.

Not a chance hes better than Williams or Keane either.
Everyone's better than those two.

He can play in a 4-3-3, as the midfield or a 4-2-3-1 with ease.

I doubt theres a formation he couldnt slot into.

He can - the problem is he is bog average in either.

The best teams - which we aspire to be - play either extremely fast counter attacking / high press or highly technical possession based football.

In the 433 he can't be in the front 3 because of a lack of pace. In the midfield 3 everyone (but City) plays two deeper and 1 further forward. If he is the further forward of the 3 he needs to be able to burst forward with the ball or play clever passes. Neither of which he can.

In a 4-2-3-1 the players in the 3 need to be highly technical, able to work in tight areas and have the pace/skill to beat players. Two of them need to provide width and pace.

Siggy is decent in a 4-4-1-1 formation with passers around him in the midfield so he can ghost in unnoticed and score. If he were in the Cahill role under Moyes with a Pienaar/Arteta/Carsley/Osman midfield behind him he'd be fine. Surely we want better though?

we need to ship off all of our centre backs in the next two years really, none are good enough to get us where we are. Holgate can grow and develop so obviously he's excluded from my discussion here, but i wouldn't want mori to be out the door this summer. Seems almost nailed on williams will be going which is a must, but i would really like jags gone too before mori. He may be a clumsy oaf, but i don't think jags is much better. Mori is quicker and a better headerer of the ball and isn't 35, so he should really be maintained for the next year at least.

I think we need two centre backs this summer and then another two over the next two years, and that's why i'd keep him for now. He's an alright backup.
Totally agree and Keane is today's Koldrop.

we need to ship off all of our centre backs in the next two years really, none are good enough to get us where we are. Holgate can grow and develop so obviously he's excluded from my discussion here, but i wouldn't want mori to be out the door this summer. Seems almost nailed on williams will be going which is a must, but i would really like jags gone too before mori. He may be a clumsy oaf, but i don't think jags is much better. Mori is quicker and a better headerer of the ball and isn't 35, so he should really be maintained for the next year at least.

I think we need two centre backs this summer and then another two over the next two years, and that's why i'd keep him for now. He's an alright backup.
Wow.

It's a funny old game, as they say.

Wow.

It's a funny old game, as they say.

atm though, he got better as the season drew a close, but he should never be close to starting with us. Thought he was constantly being caught out of position when we conceded goals. I just think he's massively passed it sadly. We do need a bit of experience there, i must admit, but i think we should be looking to bring someone in for that. Neither jags nor williams are good enough to be our starters or backups, regardless of experience.

I'd keep Mori because he can play on the left in a three and he has decent pace.Maybe the new manager can sort out the daft rushes of blood to the brain he's prone to.

i think a good manager would get him playing a lot closer to his attributes, he just lacks concentration really rather than lacking any skillset.

So Brands can interview managers, but cant look at players until he starts on 1st June? Sounds like a bit of a slacker this mush does!

So based on this we will predominantly be signing players who arent going to the world cup or, we will be buying them after the world cup at obscenely inflated prices?

The World Cup is a pain, but fortunately not every player will be there. It’s only going to create a problem for any players there.

I would expect that Brands will be going after the next generation players - young and exciting.

For any that feature in the WC, we have until the window closes.

Brands will have his work cut out, but I remain more positive than I would have been had it been left to Walsh.

I’m not convinced all players are for binning, a new manager can turn around some of their fortunes.

Keane, has performed poorly, but what can’t be forgotten is that he’s not been in a position to build a relationship with a decent centre back, plus the wing back areas have been under par all season not to mention the manager changes.

I have faith a few (not all) can lift their levels, that will be down to new head coach to discuss with DoF.

Schneiderlin is the one I don’t have a clue what will happen with him. His future appears to be more in the air than Sandro & Klaassen.

Sigurdsson is a class player. We had to pay over the odds to get him. Now the guy is going to get played in his correct position he will thrive.
Compared to the other two he is a bargain.

According to Swansea fans he was played out on the left for them (it was actually mentioned on here) where he supposedly thrived, yet when he played there for us he was absolutely gash, and the excuse was he was being played out of position.

So who is right, Swansea fans who would have watched him week in, week out,or Everton fans who would have caught a glimpse of him on MOTD?

PS, he has actually played in his ‘correct’ position for us, and he didn’t do much.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced all players are for binning, a new manager can turn around some of their fortunes.

Keane, has performed poorly, but what can’t be forgotten is that he’s not been in a position to build a relationship with a decent centre back, plus the wing back areas have been under par all season not to mention the manager changes.

I have faith a few (not all) can lift their levels, that will be down to new head coach to discuss with DoF.

Schneiderlin is the one I don’t have a clue what will happen with him. His future appears to be more in the air than Sandro & Klaassen.
Keane hasn’t been able to build a relationship because he’s been so bad that at times he was dragged out of the team.

According to Swansea fans he was played out on the left for them (it was actually mentioned on here) where he supposedly thrived, yet when he played there for us he was absolutely gash, and the excuse was he was being played out of position.

So who is right, Swansea fans who would have watched him week in, week out,or Everton fans who would have caught a glimpse of him on MOTD?

PS, he has actually played in his ‘correct’ position for us, and he didn’t do much.
Might have had more to do with who was behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.