Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you risk waiting and potentially having to pay even more?

Yes in this instance.

For starters Coleman whilst in a bad stretch if form young back to his return from injury, is still of an age where that injury should be fully recoverable from, from everything I've seen a score, serious break injury tends to have a one year recovery time before the player returns back to what he was.

If Coleman does return his level, then we'd be spending how much on a lad who would be clear second choice.

We also have a young lad already at the club who for has had only three months working with a competent manager, how he will develop over the next year could mean right back us covered already at the club.

I'd say the spending on 30m + on a tight back who has had a few excellent matches so far would be a much bigger gamble than waiting a season and properly evaluating the development of Kenny and the state of Coleman's recovery.

I think Lozano is almost no risk at all. I’m not really nervous about bringing in a Mexican player myself. We’ve seen his technical side but the thing most important struggle with in the PL (like Klaassen found out) is the pace and physicality which Mexicans have in abundance.

For me the biggest factor almost in feeling like he's little risk is the lads workrate and pace he plays the game at, he 100% fits the mentality and ethos of the players we've been recruiting,

Yes in this instance.

For starters Coleman whilst in a bad stretch if form young back to his return from injury, is still of an age where that injury should be fully recoverable from, from everything I've seen a score, serious break injury tends to have a one year recovery time before the player returns back to what he was.

If Coleman does return his level, then we'd be spending how much on a lad who would be clear second choice.

We also have a young lad already at the club who for has had only three months working with a competent manager, how he will develop over the next year could mean right back us covered already at the club.

I'd say the spending on 30m + on a tight back who has had a few excellent matches so far would be a much bigger gamble than waiting a season and properly evaluating the development of Kenny and the state of Coleman's recovery.

In your eyes though, do you think in say 2 years, Coleman will need replacing as a starter? And if so, do you believe by that point Kenny will be of the required standard? I know I don’t anyway.

In your eyes though, do you think in say 2 years, Coleman will need replacing as a starter? And if so, do you believe by that point Kenny will be of the required standard? I know I don’t anyway.

In two years, then yup in all probability he will need replacing, will Kenny be of the required standard, I honestly don't know, and until he works in Der a genuine e system with a manager who seems to improve players no one truly will know, thankfully if seems he has that now.

My take on it is, it's too early at this point to bring in a player who really is also unproven but whose fee would mean he'd be expecting to start soon. At this point next season then maybe it becomes a genuine conversation needed to be had.

In two years, then yup in all probability he will need replacing, will Kenny be of the required standard, I honestly don't know, and until he works in Der a genuine e system with a manager who seems to improve players no one truly will know, thankfully if seems he has that now.

My take on it is, it's too early at this point to bring in a player who really is also unproven but whose fee would mean he'd be expecting to start soon. At this point next season then maybe it becomes a genuine conversation needed to be had.
He would also cost much more than the £30m you suggested earlier.

Yeh I do see both sides to the argument. I’d be interested to know the actual fee needed before weighing in. Sometimes you have to take risks with these players though. Been a fair few down the line we’ve seemingly skipped out on paying for (VVD, Brooks etc. of late).

I agree. He’d be a massive hit. He works hard, he’s got pace and he’s got a low centre of gravity that seems to cause issues for defenders.

I’ve banged on about this before but I compare the way he plays and moves to Aguero and Suarez and think he could be as successful as they have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if Barca wanted him as a replacement for Suarez.

Not sure if Barca do business with his agent...

Status
Not open for further replies.