Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve forgotten who we were talking about.

Oh yeah. Abar £30m plus add ons and he’s ours. Maybe less. He’s literally done nothing.

agree. we balked when celtic wanted 30m for tierney who had proven himself or at least stood out playing champions league football. doubt we would consider 30m+ for a 20 year old whos had a few good games.

We don't need to wheal and deal.

Since the summer ended Lookman has shown no signs of 'wanting out'. He's committed to Everton and as it stands we're committed to keeping him. Let's see what he does when the chance comes his way.

Why do people assume we're going to be in for Lozano? It's a long shot at best.

I'll leave it there as you obviously believe he'll stay whereas I think he will be gone.

I’m so confused. Half of these posts are shouts for wide attackers, which is something we don’t need.
Those talking about Wan-Bissaka are aware of how much he'd cost, right? We're looking at £60m in my opinion.
We don't need to wheal and deal.

Since the summer ended Lookman has shown no signs of 'wanting out'. He's committed to Everton and as it stands we're committed to keeping him. Let's see what he does when the chance comes his way.

Why do people assume we're going to be in for Lozano? It's a long shot at best.

The wide forwards are;
Bernard, Walcott, Lookman.

We should keep Lookman and sell Walcott + sign Lozano or similar quality.

Leaves us 3 wide forwards still...and a huge quality improvement.

As for Wan Bissaka, i think @BainesontoastNEW mentioned £60mil.

Seems excessive for a non-international whose played so few games...id offer palace Niasse + Tosun + McCarthy+ Bolasie for him ;)

At the moment he's our player and the manager and DOF have both said they want to keep it that way.

Lookman is now getting his head down and working hard.

So yes, there's logic behind my thinking.

Im not saying your wrong mate and can certainly see your thinking.

However with those reports of RB Leipzig still being interested in him around the same time he started getting his head right and not sulking it makes you wonder if Brands/the manager have said "listen lad, give us 100% until January and if we get a replacement in and RB pay the money you can leave" ala Liverpool with Suarez.

I still find it odd how we named them a price in the summer and I maintain the only reason why we didnt sell imo was because they only offered £25 million close to the windows deadline after a number of low offers and I think Brands didnt want us running around panic buying a replacement for over the odds.

Guess we'll see.

Weird with that Wan Bissaka. Winger all his life then moved back to full-back. Turns out he’s better defending than attacking.

Back in the day, Bristol City bought Keith Curle as a winger, moved him to full back, and he ended up playing for England in that position. (I think).

The wide forwards are;
Bernard, Walcott, Lookman.

We should keep Lookman and sell Walcott + sign Lozano or similar quality.

Leaves us 3 wide forwards still...and a huge quality improvement.

As for Wan Bissaka, i think @BainesontoastNEW mentioned £60mil.

Seems excessive for a non-international whose played so few games...id offer palace Niasse + Tosun + McCarthy+ Bolasie for him ;)

We still have Onyekuru to come in as a wide forward.

Wan Bissaka would be a superb signing.

We are not that far off. Not having any gulf in class to top 4 when the likes of Roberton, Alex Armstrong and Milner are regulars.

This Wan Bissaka has achieved about as much as Luke Garbutt did a few years ago, and seems to be benefiting from a similar level of over the top hype.

This Wan Bissaka has achieved about as much as Luke Garbutt did a few years ago, and seems to be benefiting from a similar level of over the top hype.
Somewhat agree. He looks quality but need to watch over time to see if he's consistantly performing. Early days for him yet.

He could be completely useless with the ball going forward but people have decided he’s worth 60 Mill because he shut down Mane and Bernard in a couple of games.

Palace have zero strikers. I’m sure we could utilise Tosun or Niasse in any deal for Wan Bissaka.

Get Gomes sorted on a permanent and ideally Zouma as well.

That’d see us with a very strong side.

I can see possibly see Lozano arriving. PSV will be knocked out of Europe by jan.

That’s a lot of spending but sell besic, vlasic, Schneiderlen, bolasie, niasse and that should cover some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.