Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think he’s different to Gueye, Bri. I’m sure folk on here have seen more of him than him than me, but he’s not as ‘busy’ . I just wonder if Silva/Brands want somebody with the discipline to protect the back four, win the ball and give it to the playmakers. Barrios seems that type.

There were plenty of links in the summer but apparently his club President was desperate to keep hold of him until December. He has a £15m release clause but the indication is he will be even cheaper in January. A few months ago @Stephenlloyd posted a link suggesting a deal has been done. It’s all rumour, but with Brands close association with South America, there might be something in this one.

Barrios and a striker would be my guess with Niasse deffo on the way out and possible Tosun if he's still not contributing enough goals wise.

Just going on the 10min YT clip he looks exactly what we need.
Gomes + Barrios = major problem solved...potentially

Gueye isn't getting ditched any time soon, and rightly so.

Barrios is pretty slow. He's more of a sitter. He's decent enough on the ball but wouldn't exactly get about the pitch like Gueye can.

If we are in for him it'd be a decent acquisition, assuming Schneiderlin goes, but it doesn't really add anything in terms of a passer/dictator of play etc.

Barrios is pretty slow. He's more of a sitter. He's decent enough on the ball but wouldn't exactly get about the pitch like Gueye can.

If we are in for him it'd be a decent acquisition, assuming Schneiderlin goes, but it doesn't really add anything in terms of a passer/dictator of play etc.

I don’t think Schneiderlin is going anywhere personally.

You've probably got more of an idea, but going by YTube (Y, I know it gives a distorted view) it looks like he has what Gana's got, but is much better on the ball/passing.
Maybe I'm just blinkered and too eager to wish the unholy trinity a fond farewell - maybe a 10min Gana clip would look just as good
But I'd def reject the view that Gana has a spot nailed down. If nothing else, Barrios would give much needed competition to that role.
Simply put - Gana's no Reidy - and until we find another of his ilk we'll continue to fight for crumbs. Until then, the search must continue!

Given the Silva/Brands mantra of two players for every slot and the fact that everyone is kacking it about Gana being injured I think this may be a possibility.....

Status
Not open for further replies.