Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t really spend big on tosun, 26mil is nothing these days.
I think spending big is what we have to do. And if we buy someone for 60mil I would bet he has more chance of succeeding than buying someone for 25mil.

We have wasted 40mil on niasse & tosun. We either buy a 19yr and hope he turns into a superstar. Maybe we get the chance to get a player who’s say 31 on a free who was great in his day. And can see us through one season.

The goal posts have moved massively in the last 2 yrs. just look at some of the forwards that have been bought by the middle tier premier clubs. And some were linked with us. Troy Deeney Leicester getting quoted 30mil he gets 10 goals a season. Gabbidinni at Southampton, hardly scored in 12 months.
Watford payed 17mil for André Gray, I don’t think he even got 5 goals last season.
The Mexican on loan at Wolves, another forward linked to us for 30/40mil. Yes he looks a handful but I will be amazed if he got 15 goals this season.

The chance of finding that mid twenties experienced forward, in the 15 to 30mil Prince range, who will come in and rip it up is virtually impossible, I know what you’re are saying that nothing is guaranteed and who ever you buy is a gamble, but I believe you get what you pay for.
I think we need to keep a bit of perspective about fees. £26m really isn't 'nothing'. It's a fee that would be a transfer record for half the league, so it's a very substantial amount. Obviously the CL teams have taken spending to new levels with their £70/80m players, but the idea that £30m now is nothing is totally wrong. It might not get you world class but it should get you a very good level of player.

I think we need to keep a bit of perspective about fees. £26m really isn't 'nothing'. It's a fee that would be a transfer record for half the league, so it's a very substantial amount. Obviously the CL teams have taken spending to new levels with their £70/80m players, but the idea that £30m now is nothing is totally wrong. It might not get you world class but it should get you a very good level of player.
it gets you world class 50% times if scouts in Club earn their Money...40 mil for 29 year old swansea player is just LAZY and panic, it's a known player and good addition but he would not be at swansea at 29 if his Worth that in big scheme

Onyekuru is the answer to out striker woes.

Patience.
Hopefully papa hopefully
If he does well this season I’ll be prepared to wait till the summer for him
Maybe a loan in January would suit
Surely one of the top European clubs has a second striker sitting on the bench not getting game time.
If Henry proves to be the real deal the money can be spent on Zouma or his replacement ,
Gomes or his replacement and a top quality DM

Also,I'm not limiting anybody imagination..but players playing regularly for napoli,juve,inter,roma,psg,monaco,bayern,dortmund,real,barca,atl.madrid,sevilla are not realistic. Those clubs are for now above us..

Strange but possible shout- Gabriel Barbosa?

Was highly rated a few years ago, him and Gabriel Jesus were both rated highly, maybe Barbosa a little higher.

Flopped after a big money move to inter and went to Benfica to only get 1 appearance.

Is back at Santos on loan but has a healthy 22 goals in 44 appearances for them since rejoining

With a heavy portugese speaking influence in our squad, could it be the right dynamic to finally crack europe?

He’s Brazilian? I want him!

Status
Not open for further replies.