Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that not what we did with tosun?

Is it not a little close your eyes and hope for the best?
No!

That feller was scouted by Allardyce and Moshiri...what a 'kin combination.

Tosun is about as far off a euro league successful signing like Suarez as it's possible to get. He's inconsequential.

You’re wrong as usual.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/how-everton-moneys-worth-wayne-13309416.amp

It’s a bit like Sterling, Liverpool fans were made up with the fee they received but it’s increasingly looking like City got a bargain.

Comparing the Rooney fee to Zidane is just odd. Zidane is one of the greatest players of all time, Rooney isn’t. Also this was before the EPL was truly awash with money. The biggest fees abroad always dwarfed ours.
get a grip, they got rooney paying 10m up front. it was a shocking deal

figo and zindane were around 29 when they moved to madrid. crespo another player who went for more 4 years earlier. buffon another one went for 33million
Rooney had more years at united then figo and zidane had playing at madrid added together.

Rooney went at the age of 18 and was already a world class player, they got 13 years out of him and over 250 goals.

I forgot the 25% sell on clause if he was ever sold.

You’re wrong as usual.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/how-everton-moneys-worth-wayne-13309416.amp

It’s a bit like Sterling, Liverpool fans were made up with the fee they received but it’s increasingly looking like City got a bargain.

Comparing the Rooney fee to Zidane is just odd. Zidane is one of the greatest players of all time, Rooney isn’t. Also this was before the EPL was truly awash with money. The biggest fees abroad always dwarfed ours.
they paid more for ferdinand even after the transfer fee was reduced becuase leeds needed the money straight away, a cash strapped leeds that had to sell, got more for ferdinand then we did for rooney.

think about that

they paid more for ferdinand even after the transfer fee was reduced becuase leeds needed the money straight away, a cash strapped leeds that had to sell, got more for ferdinand then we did for rooney.

think about that

Ok I’ve thought about it. Ferdinand was England’s best ever centre back who already had about 6 seasons of top level performances under his belt. As well as a sterling World Cup.

Rooney was a teenager who got more bookings than goals in the 2003/04 season.

Everton were probably as cash strapped as Leeds at that time. It wasn’t known just how bad things were at Leeds. And it was only about £2m difference in the end and no sell on fee with Rio.

Ferdinand was the better value buy for United, no doubt about it.

get a grip, they got rooney paying 10m up front. it was a shocking deal

figo and zindane were around 29 when they moved to madrid. crespo another player who went for more 4 years earlier. buffon another one went for 33million
Rooney had more years at united then figo and zidane had playing at madrid added together.

Rooney went at the age of 18 and was already a world class player, they got 13 years out of him and over 250 goals.

I forgot the 25% sell on clause if he was ever sold.

Mate all deals have an upfront fee with the rest on the drip. I can tell finance isn’t your thing but take it from me that’s just how things happen. You think Leeds got the £28m up front?! lol lol lol

Well like I said before fess abroad at that time always dwarfed ours. Rooney was the most expensive teenager of all time and more than double what Ronaldo went for.

We're not going to get a £50M striker. They wont want to come here. We'll have to unearth another good one in the same we did with Lukaku and Liverpool did with Salah and Sturridge: take a chance on spending out on a player the elite clubs aren't sure about, or hope we can come up with a European player in the same way that Liverpool did with Suarez - presumably Brands knows what he's doing in that respect.
While I agree with what you say about type of player we need to get, none of these players were unearthered. The teams that bought them either did as a prospect or a gamble that's where you make the big returns.

While I agree with what you say about type of player we need to get, none of these players were unearthered. The teams that bought them either did as a prospect or a gamble that's where you make the big returns.
The following qualification made sense of my point: "take a chance on spending out on a player the elite clubs aren't sure about"

I think the best we can buy is a young-ish striker. Hopefully Brands is making a list of the best strikers out there aged 20-23. With hopefully the likes of Gomez the lad at Celta Vigo, Rashford and bellotti who scored quite a few goals a couple of season ago. All of them would cost at least 50mil

"Moshiri and Everton chief Steve Walsh personally scouted the player together in October when Tosun played at Monaco for Besiktas in the Champions League, well before the arrival of Allardyce, who is understood to feel the player does not work hard enough in training."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-flops-at-everton-4219547#d9DEIYgu4u6tQpqr.99

Good source that, chief.

But if true, he attended one game? I assume (or hope) that Walsh scouted him a wee bit more than that afterward.

Good source that, chief.

But if true, he attended one game? I assume (or hope) that Walsh scouted him a wee bit more than that afterward.
Plenty of other sources at the time had Moshiri stating he ran the rule over Tosun.

Latka running the rule over players. Unreal. No wonder we ended up with a load of toss from £250M spent when the carpetbagger, Koeman and Allardyce were choosing players.

"Moshiri and Everton chief Steve Walsh personally scouted the player together in October when Tosun played at Monaco for Besiktas in the Champions League, well before the arrival of Allardyce, who is understood to feel the player does not work hard enough in training."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-flops-at-everton-4219547#d9DEIYgu4u6tQpqr.99

He told his BFF Jim White that he’d personally scouted him, it got played on the radio and published in the media.

It was rather embarrassing that the owner tells the world he watched him and give the ok

He told his BFF Jim White that he’d personally scouted him, it got played on the radio and published in the media.

It was rather embarrassing that the owner tells the world he watched him and give the ok
Latka's a back-seat driver. His fingerprints are on a few of these disastrous signings, I'll bet. He learned at the knee of the other divvy, Kenwright.

Latka's a back-seat driver. His fingerprints are on a few of these disastrous signings, I'll bet. He learned at the knee of the other divvy, Kenwright.

1_Annual-Meeting-Of-The-Russian-Union-Of-Industrialists-And-Entrepreneurs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.