Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point still stands
Look what Pellegrini has won compared to Silva
Look what teams wanted Pellegrini (Madrid/city)compared to Silva.

And west ham did sign some decent players in the summer.
Thing is, they don’t look very decent. Maybe they’re decent in the way what we bought last summer are decent?

Bringing in Marcesio would in the surface seen against the model we are trying to put into place, but if it results in an upgrade in the position for zero transfer fee for a couple of seasons, and then allows us to sell a player or two before there value decreases further then it makes sound financial sense.

PSV had a history of not only bringing in and through youth players, but also adding the occasional player who'd been playing at a much higher level for the last few years if their career.

Someone if the standing of Marcesio, you could add him easily in a two or three year deal and offload him the MLS if he declined suddenly, same way as with Rooney, his name would still enable him to be shifted on.

Marcesio at 60% the player he was is still mile's better than anything we have.

It goes against the system in a way, but it's a no risk signing. I think utilising the free transfer market is an astute move. Martinez tried to do it and it was a sensible move.

Before Brands arrived I think we struggled to have the skillset and capability of pulling such transfer off. He gets us in the door now.

He's been a top player, as you say our hope is he doesn't fall off a cliff but if he does he gets moved on. I think a lot of players will discuss with Brands, speak to Silva (who comes accross very well) and see the performances of the last 2 games and be very impressed/look to come on board.

A final point should be, for lads like Davies/Banningime and even Dowell playing with a lad like that will be a terrific opportunity. We tried with Rooney, who was great for 6 months, and I think the initial adrenaline of the move allowed him to slow/mask the decline that had set in. However by the 2nd half of the season it was clear. In defence of Wayne had Silva/Brands come in last season and he came in to a winning team, which was settled, with movement and legs all around him he might have been ok. The timing has been off for Wayne and Everton though and he's been unfortunate. If this lad can do what Barry did for us that would be fantastic. For me Barry has been one of our best signings of the last 5 years.

Spurs are so good at stuff like this. They did it with tripper, Davies vorm. They get good backups for pittance and evolve them into starters. This is what I want us to do, hence why I said we should pry on Burnley's vulnerability and get Heaton.

What Burnley vulnerability?
And why would you want the 32 year old Heaton to evolve into a starter for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.