Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing in Marcesio would in the surface seen against the model we are trying to put into place, but if it results in an upgrade in the position for zero transfer fee for a couple of seasons, and then allows us to sell a player or two before there value decreases further then it makes sound financial sense.

PSV had a history of not only bringing in and through youth players, but also adding the occasional player who'd been playing at a much higher level for the last few years if their career.

Someone if the standing of Marcesio, you could add him easily in a two or three year deal and offload him the MLS if he declined suddenly, same way as with Rooney, his name would still enable him to be shifted on.

Marcesio at 60% the player he was is still mile's better than anything we have.

It's Marchisio.

As far as I can recall we had been after David Brookes from Sheffield Utd for a long time and were favourites to sign him. Suddenly he signed for Bournemouth.
Looks like a cracking prospect. What happened?

As far as I can recall we had been after David Brookes from Sheffield Utd for a long time and were favourites to sign him. Suddenly he signed for Bournemouth.
Looks like a cracking prospect. What happened?

They probably offered him a spot in the team, we offered him a spot in our U23s.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get a back up keeper, imagine if Pickford got sent off for that high foot, we would be in a right mess. I know it's rare a keeper gets sent off or injured but it can happen.

Was he on the bench today? The lad from Arsenal? If he was I didn't realize, if he wasn't we didn't

We still bought a back up Keeper.

I mean im not sure who we could attract that would wanna kiss the bench for most of the season.

Of course theres a chance Pickford will get suspended at some point or get injured, when I was thinking about our choices for back up, I was torn between an older more experienced Keeper or a young Keeper, we went for a young Keeper, granted the lad is probably a few years off and Stekkers is utterly horrific and if hindsight slaps us in the face and Pickford gets injured im sure it will be mentioned, but in the land of unicorns, Pickford plays every game this season.

We still bought a back up Keeper.

I mean im not sure who we could attract that would wanna kiss the bench for most of the season.

Of course theres a chance Pickford will get suspended at some point or get injured, when I was thinking about our choices for back up, I was torn between an older more experienced Keeper or a young Keeper, we went for a young Keeper, granted the lad is probably a few years off and Stekkers is utterly horrific and if hindsight slaps us in the face and Pickford gets injured im sure it will be mentioned, but in the land of unicorns, Pickford plays every game this season.

I'm sure a few posters have a saved write up of the ineptitude of Marcel Brands if Pickford gets an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.