Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched him quite a bit obviously

Tidy player

You know how highly I rated Van Dijk, so you know I don't readily dismiss Scottish-based players if their quality is very obvious.

However, McGinn isn't the same type of quality. He's a lower half Prem at best player and probably better suited to the Championship. He shouldn't be in the discussion for Everton IMO.

You know how highly I rated Van Dijk, so you know I don't readily dismiss Scottish-based players if their quality is very obvious.

However, McGinn isn't the same type of quality. He's a lower half Prem at best player and probably better suited to the Championship. He shouldn't be in the discussion for Everton IMO.
Maybe your right mate. In talks to sign for villa apparently.

hahaha unlucky for your arl man because they are terrible

they have that big egg head up front who played for wigan, connor sammon

makes my eyes bleed him

There model is: survive in the SPL; pick up free agents; sell back to English div 1/championship. My dads part of the ‘Well society which owns the club.

I find it hilarious that a journalist most believe to be ITK at Everton and seize on his every word when it's positive news then backheel the bad news and hand it no credence.

We know this manager is frustrated with the transfer window...he told us so himself. Joyce is now - from his closer vantage point than we have - confirming that it's a big issue for the manager and he's also telling us that there's the beginings of a rift between the manager's team and others on the club's playing staff.
I am not sure how true that is Dave.
As the window unfolds we see the level and nature of our transfer activity.... we see that there has been an enormous amount of work going on quietly in the background . The targets have been complicated and sought after in particular Richarlison and Bernard.
Silva will have known from day one what has probably frustrated him is that he could not get the players in sooner.
I doubt if he is frustrated with the signings of Richarlison, Digne and now hopefully Bernard.
Joyce, this summer, seems to be out of the loop.

I think he'd surprise you mate

Watched him quite a bit and he's a good player

I could see him going to Villa, doing well, and then getting himself a better move

@windymiller @bluestevon trust me, lads, Joyce, Hunter and Bascombe are as reliable as ever.

I haven't read the Joyce piece yet in full, so if anyone with a Times sub can help me out that'd be sound. But as far as I've seen (excerpts) it's just a bit of a feature - so it's his own personal opinion in there as well.

It reads like a bitter red sticking the boot in because the club have stopped throwing him bones IMO.

Yeh, at the end of the day, Bascombe, Joyce and Hunter are far more than just transfer-rumour bots like that guy at Sky. They're working feature journalists and their role is to provide informed pieces with some insight into the club to support that. When the club have news to announce, they will of course use these journalists as well. It looks like the Echo - Kirkbride - has been given a bit of a lift in this regards as well.
I think that Brands may operate in a different way, but certainly this summer the more reliable journalists are in the dark about what is happening transfer wise at the club. They did not mention Bernard, as far as I recall, and more importantly I don't think any of us have a clue about the players we still may be trying to sign.
I don't doubt their credentials as journalists, I think their status as journalists with inside information has changed.

I am not sure how true that is Dave.
As the window unfolds we see the level and nature of our transfer activity.... we see that there has been an enormous amount of work going on quietly in the background . The targets have been complicated and sought after in particular Richarlison and Bernard.
Silva will have known from day one what has probably frustrated him is that he could not get the players in sooner.
I doubt if he is frustrated with the signings of Richarlison, Digne and now hopefully Bernard.
Joyce, this summer, seems to be out of the loop.

I know for sure this to be the case: We needed a CB and LB in very quickly after the window opened. We did neither. Now we're even struggling to get a CB and the manager is correct in saying we afce another preseason when/if we get his targets.

Brands has got shut of a lot of players and not balanced that out with purchasing key reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.