Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good for Porto, really good for Portugal, struggled a bit in Serie A (decent in EL though).

Be a risky purchase as they’ll want their money back but on a loan I’d deffo go for it.

Not a bad shout, just might depend on his wages, or How much Milan are prepared to contribute. Seeing as we are trying to reduce the wage bill.

I take everything you have said on board and to a great extent agree but what worries me , particularly if we are going to defend higher up the pitch , is how slow he is to turn and generally his lack of pace.

..I fear he’s easy to get at even if we defend on the edge of our box.

Silva might not necessarilly want a high defensive line, but we still desperately need athleticism, pace, power and mobility in our defence. If you’re a forward in this league I guarantee you will be looking forward to facing Keane up as he’s easy to go past.

Persistent? We haven’t been linked properly with a striker since Poulsen and that was weeks ago.
Slimani and Batty at Chelsea ( CBA with the spelling ) today and others the names of which I can't recall from last week.
Contrast that with no rumours circulating about a new keeper or right back.

Slimani and Batty at Chelsea ( CBA with the spelling ) today and others the names of which I can't recall from last week.
Contrast that with no rumours circulating about a new keeper or right back.

Well we only have 1 real striker so that’s not a shocker but don’t see how that means Silva doesn’t rate Tosun.

.....with the countdown well and truly on, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for this Friday morning;

- Everton’s official site have confirmed the move of Everton’s 33 year old Centre Back, Ashley Williams, to Stoke on a season long loan.

- The Guardian’s Ed Aaron’s continues to link Everton with a move for Newcastle defender Jamaal Lascelles.

- According to Correio Da Manhã, Everton are leading the way to sign Leicester striker, Islam Slimani. The 30 year old Algerian made 4 appearances on loan for Newcastle at the end of last season and scored 48 goals in 82 appearances for Sporting in 16/17.

- Argentinian outlet, Ole, report Manchester United are ready to accept a €33m bid from Everton for Marco Rojo but the Centre Backs wages could be an obstacle.

- L’equipe say Everton are interested in a deal for Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, but the 24 year old Belgian prefers a move to Valencia.

- Sky Sports and various other outlets suggest Everton winger, Kevin Mirallas, is on the verge of completing a loan deal to Fiorentina which includes an option to buy.

- Gazzetta dello Sport report Sevilla midfielder, Steven N’Zonzi, has his heart set on a move to Everton or Arsenal. Either Marco Silva or Unai Emery will move for him and meet the 29 year olds wage demands.

- The Liverpool Daily Post report 20 year old Everton midfielder, Nikola Vlasic, is expected to leave the club this summer. Newcastle are said to be interested in the Croatian.

- Les Violets suggest Everton have made an enquiry for Toulouse Centre Back, Christopher Jullien. The giant 25 year old could move for £8.9m.

- Yorkshire Evening Post reckon Leeds are battling Wigan over a loan deal for Everton’s 23 year old defender, Matthew Pennington. Wigan, however, could drop out of the race if they sign Motherwell Centre Back, Cedric Kipre, for £1m.

- Sky Sports report Burnley have had a £12m bid rejected by Middlesborough for defender, Ben Gibson. The 25 year old has been linked with a move to Everton.

Just a note to say tommorow’s will be my last transfer summary of the summer. I’ve an early flight to catch on Sunday as i’m going away on another holiday. It’s been a long summer, and whilst the rumours are mainly jarg, they hopefully provide a bit of interest and inform discussion. I’m sure there’ll be lots to chat about next week. Up the Toffees.

Eggs as per every window, your algorithm (or a shed load of eye balling) is a service to the forum.

You have my biannual sincerest thanks for putting me through hell twice a year!!

I take everything you have said on board and to a great extent agree but what worries me , particularly if we are going to defend higher up the pitch , is how slow he is to turn and generally his lack of pace.
I understand the pace issue, but the manager needs to ensure weaknesses are protected. He would benefit from a pacey centre half next to him, plus having Coleman and an organised midfield in front of him will help him.

I accept he needs to improve a lot too, something I feel is he capable of doing, just not writing him off yet.

Keane was poor last season, but in a new team with constant changes at the back in a team shot of confidence what was expected of him? I’m happy to let him prove himself this year. He has faults in his game, I just want to see him in a settled defence - He’s a bit naive in his play some times, but he’ll be hungry and hopefully that shows in a more determined effort from him.
He's been rinsed by some pretty poor sides though (even in this pre-season). The worry I have is that even players in struggling sides have good games. I don't remember anyone saying "Keane had a blinder" after a single game.

.....with the countdown well and truly on, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for this Friday morning;

- Everton’s official site have confirmed the move of Everton’s 33 year old Centre Back, Ashley Williams, to Stoke on a season long loan.

- The Guardian’s Ed Aaron’s continues to link Everton with a move for Newcastle defender Jamaal Lascelles.

- According to Correio Da Manhã, Everton are leading the way to sign Leicester striker, Islam Slimani. The 30 year old Algerian made 4 appearances on loan for Newcastle at the end of last season and scored 48 goals in 82 appearances for Sporting in 16/17.

- Argentinian outlet, Ole, report Manchester United are ready to accept a €33m bid from Everton for Marco Rojo but the Centre Backs wages could be an obstacle.

- L’equipe say Everton are interested in a deal for Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, but the 24 year old Belgian prefers a move to Valencia.

- Sky Sports and various other outlets suggest Everton winger, Kevin Mirallas, is on the verge of completing a loan deal to Fiorentina which includes an option to buy.

- Gazzetta dello Sport report Sevilla midfielder, Steven N’Zonzi, has his heart set on a move to Everton or Arsenal. Either Marco Silva or Unai Emery will move for him and meet the 29 year olds wage demands.

- The Liverpool Daily Post report 20 year old Everton midfielder, Nikola Vlasic, is expected to leave the club this summer. Newcastle are said to be interested in the Croatian.

- Les Violets suggest Everton have made an enquiry for Toulouse Centre Back, Christopher Jullien. The giant 25 year old could move for £8.9m.

- Yorkshire Evening Post reckon Leeds are battling Wigan over a loan deal for Everton’s 23 year old defender, Matthew Pennington. Wigan, however, could drop out of the race if they sign Motherwell Centre Back, Cedric Kipre, for £1m.

- Sky Sports report Burnley have had a £12m bid rejected by Middlesborough for defender, Ben Gibson. The 25 year old has been linked with a move to Everton.

Just a note to say tommorow’s will be my last transfer summary of the summer. I’ve an early flight to catch on Sunday as i’m going away on another holiday. It’s been a long summer, and whilst the rumours are mainly jarg, they hopefully provide a bit of interest and inform discussion. I’m sure there’ll be lots to chat about next week. Up the Toffees.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Well we only have 1 real striker so that’s not a shocker but don’t see how that means Silva doesn’t rate Tosun.
DCL & Niasse.
Given the apparent paucity of our budget you would imagine that we would only spend money on starters.
If we were looking to loan a striker then I would agree with you and expect that we were letting either Oumar or DCL leave.

DCL & Niasse.
Given the apparent paucity of our budget you would imagine that we would only spend money on starters.
If we were looking to loan a striker then I would agree with you and expect that we were letting either Oumar or DCL leave.

I don’t know what some people expect from Everton back up strikers. We are never going to be able to have a Jesus or Rashford sat on our bench. Even Liverpool’s backup strikers are Ings and Solanke. Niasse makes stuff happen whether people like him or not and DCL is a good young striker who is fast and strong, both are different profiles to Tosun. We also have the option of shifting one of Walcott or Richarlison infield. I genuinely don’t think striker is a position we’ll be concerned with in this window.

..I fear he’s easy to get at even if we defend on the edge of our box.

Silva might not necessarilly want a high defensive line, but we still desperately need athleticism, pace, power and mobility in our defence. If you’re a forward in this league I guarantee you will be looking forward to facing Keane up as he’s easy to go past.
You may well be right, I just think I’m not ready to throw the towel in on the lad just yet. Players at this level can’t just play one way, he’s relatively inexperienced and I’m hopeful he can adapt.

If he fails this season, I will happily show him the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.