Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the mod please open a new thread for bedwetters and talking utter drivel please. I pop on here to read about transfer rumours and such like, yet... I start seeing posts about Hibbert!!! West ham, palace ffs! not interested about other clubs at this point unless it's to gazump us on a target. Way to many people on here trying to post anything just for a like and some sort of recognition.

.....with the countdown well and truly on, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for this Friday morning;

- Everton’s official site have confirmed the move of Everton’s 33 year old Centre Back, Ashley Williams, to Stoke on a season long loan.

- The Guardian’s Ed Aaron’s continues to link Everton with a move for Newcastle defender Jamaal Lascelles.

- According to Correio Da Manhã, Everton are leading the way to sign Leicester striker, Islam Slimani. The 30 year old Algerian made 4 appearances on loan for Newcastle at the end of last season and scored 48 goals in 82 appearances for Sporting in 16/17.

- Argentinian outlet, Ole, report Manchester United are ready to accept a €33m bid from Everton for Marco Rojo but the Centre Backs wages could be an obstacle.

- L’equipe say Everton are interested in a deal for Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, but the 24 year old Belgian prefers a move to Valencia.

- Sky Sports and various other outlets suggest Everton winger, Kevin Mirallas, is on the verge of completing a loan deal to Fiorentina which includes an option to buy.

- Gazzetta dello Sport report Sevilla midfielder, Steven N’Zonzi, has his heart set on a move to Everton or Arsenal. Either Marco Silva or Unai Emery will move for him and meet the 29 year olds wage demands.

- The Liverpool Daily Post report 20 year old Everton midfielder, Nikola Vlasic, is expected to leave the club this summer. Newcastle are said to be interested in the Croatian.

- Les Violets suggest Everton have made an enquiry for Toulouse Centre Back, Christopher Jullien. The giant 25 year old could move for £8.9m.

- Yorkshire Evening Post reckon Leeds are battling Wigan over a loan deal for Everton’s 23 year old defender, Matthew Pennington. Wigan, however, could drop out of the race if they sign Motherwell Centre Back, Cedric Kipre, for £1m.

- Sky Sports report Burnley have had a £12m bid rejected by Middlesborough for defender, Ben Gibson. The 25 year old has been linked with a move to Everton.

Just a note to say tommorow’s will be my last transfer summary of the summer. I’ve an early flight to catch on Sunday as i’m going away on another holiday. It’s been a long summer, and whilst the rumours are mainly jarg, they hopefully provide a bit of interest and inform discussion. I’m sure there’ll be lots to chat about next week. Up the Toffees.

Can the mod please open a new thread for bedwetters and talking utter drivel please. I pop on here to read about transfer rumours and such like, yet... I start seeing posts about Hibbert!!! West ham, palace ffs! not interested about other clubs at this point unless it's to gazump us on a target. Way to many people on here trying to post anything just for a like and some sort of recognition.

Mate it’s a forum not a news site. You’re on the internet check our news now, or the bbc gossip column or such like

Mate it’s a forum not a news site. You’re on the internet check our news now, or the bbc gossip column or such like
It's a forum with a specific thread hence if people want to talk non transfer's then create a suitable thread, so that i and many others I'm sure don't have to trawl through pointless posts to see what's happening with transfers. As for trawling other sites well not much point seeing as clips get repeatedly copied and pasted on here, even non Everton stories!

.....with the countdown well and truly on, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for this Friday morning;

- Everton’s official site have confirmed the move of Everton’s 33 year old Centre Back, Ashley Williams, to Stoke on a season long loan.

- The Guardian’s Ed Aaron’s continues to link Everton with a move for Newcastle defender Jamaal Lascelles.

- According to Correio Da Manhã, Everton are leading the way to sign Leicester striker, Islam Slimani. The 30 year old Algerian made 4 appearances on loan for Newcastle at the end of last season and scored 48 goals in 82 appearances for Sporting in 16/17.

- Argentinian outlet, Ole, report Manchester United are ready to accept a €33m bid from Everton for Marco Rojo but the Centre Backs wages could be an obstacle.

- L’equipe say Everton are interested in a deal for Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, but the 24 year old Belgian prefers a move to Valencia.

- Sky Sports and various other outlets suggest Everton winger, Kevin Mirallas, is on the verge of completing a loan deal to Fiorentina which includes an option to buy.

- Gazzetta dello Sport report Sevilla midfielder, Steven N’Zonzi, has his heart set on a move to Everton or Arsenal. Either Marco Silva or Unai Emery will move for him and meet the 29 year olds wage demands.

- The Liverpool Daily Post report 20 year old Everton midfielder, Nikola Vlasic, is expected to leave the club this summer. Newcastle are said to be interested in the Croatian.

- Les Violets suggest Everton have made an enquiry for Toulouse Centre Back, Christopher Jullien. The giant 25 year old could move for £8.9m.

- Yorkshire Evening Post reckon Leeds are battling Wigan over a loan deal for Everton’s 23 year old defender, Matthew Pennington. Wigan, however, could drop out of the race if they sign Motherwell Centre Back, Cedric Kipre, for £1m.

- Sky Sports report Burnley have had a £12m bid rejected by Middlesborough for defender, Ben Gibson. The 25 year old has been linked with a move to Everton.

Just a note to say tommorow’s will be my last transfer summary of the summer. I’ve an early flight to catch on Sunday as i’m going away on another holiday. It’s been a long summer, and whilst the rumours are mainly jarg, they hopefully provide a bit of interest and inform discussion. I’m sure there’ll be lots to chat about next week. Up the Toffees.

Thanks for the memories Eggs and enjoy the hols.

Well, Lascelles, NZonzi, Jullien would be interesting. I'm not sure NZonzi fits the younger profile we want though.

Eggs, are you serious? The most important week of the window and you think you can go on holiday and stop - slacker!!!!! Thank you for your hard work this summer.

Last edited:

Are you Koeman or Walsh in disguise??? So many holidays!!

By far my favourite poster on here eggs and your romper summary’s are quality and I look forward to them every morning, you go above and beyond sir. I seriously doubt and other forums have someone getting up at the early hours to post such things, enjoy your holiday mate

Have a good break @Eggs and thanks for the summaries.

Just a shame you won't be the one to break the news of Messi's arrival.

I have put a little £5 on Lascelles at 6/1. We have been linked with him in January, is young and has premier league experience. Ticks the boxes for me. I'd imagine Vlasic could go in the opposite direction. Rojo just doesn't make sense. To sell Mori for 12m and sign him for 30m+, na. Buy good buy once which is why I have edged my bets at Lascelles.

That is one long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.