Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a Klaassen type player for me. If we ever start playing a brand of football where that could be useful we have one already.

His range of passing is beyond 5 meters, he has a great ability to spread play and long range passing, he does it from deep so his bottom line goals and assists are that of what you’d expect from a good player in the double pivot. In his earLiver days especially at Celtic he played further forward and his attacking stats were better.

Like I say I don’t think he would be the second coming, or necessarily be gaurenteed a first team spot, but would be a definite addition to the squad in area we struggle for a forward thinking progressive player in the double pivot.

I think it’s variant though we have nothing like craft, creativity or progressive play in the double pivot. I don’t think he’s the game changer but we lack players who are progressive in that position. He would add something different to our option there. We need another two in that position in my opinion.

yeah we need that plus creativity, he's not creative imo. Not in this league anyway, i like him, but he's not good enough for us, there's hundreds of players we could look at who have craft and can actually create chances. Tbh, i wouldn't be too down if we brought in a proper box-to-to to play alongside gana and then siggurdsson just in front of them as the link with two pacey wingers from our list of 8 or 9. Think siggurdsson, rooney and klaassen could all share the burden of that progressive third midfielder, just get more quality behind them.

Are people ACTUALLY saying he'd be a decent signing even as a squad player? He's crap. That's why he's at Swansea. We're trying to get rid of dead wood and people are fine with bringing more in. Besic is better

yeah we need that plus creativity, he's not creative imo. Not in this league anyway, i like him, but he's not good enough for us, there's hundreds of players we could look at who have craft and can actually create chances. Tbh, i wouldn't be too down if we brought in a proper box-to-to to play alongside gana and then siggurdsson just in front of them as the link with two pacey wingers from our list of 8 or 9. Think siggurdsson, rooney and klaassen could all share the burden of that progressive third midfielder, just get more quality behind them.

People are assuming he is an attacking midfielder he’s not, he us a deep lying playmaker and sits in the double pivot, he wouldn’t play at 10 or anywhere on the flanks. 6 or 8.

One of the best players in the league for me is Debelle at Spurs, Ki occupies the same role, he would not be anywhere near the front four positions, so there is no point looking at goals or assists, like Dembelle. They both provide progression and transition to the play. Like a scrum half.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest here
No one and I mean no one dreamed Salah would be that good this season

I was making the point of how lucky they always seem to get regarding their purchases. Everyone they sell also struggles to repeat the form they show playing for that lot, Suarez although still a class player still doesn't look as good as now as when he played for them. Torres is classic example . It also highlights how expensive buying from the prem is and that buying proven prem players is not automatically the best best option, in fact it's proving not to be the case.

He’s already spunked £200m

Looks like he’s gone from gash expensive to gash cheap
People are assuming he is an attacking midfielder he’s not, he us a deep lying playmaker and sits in the double pivot, he wouldn’t play at 10 or anywhere on the flanks. 6 or 8.

One of the best players in the league for me is Debelle at Spurs, Ki occupies the same role, he’s would not be anywhere near the front four positions, so there is no point looking at goals or assists, like Dembelle. They both provide progression and transition to the play. Like a scrum half.

This fella comparing him to Dembele.

lollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.