Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are supposedly lining Lozano up as a Hazard replacement but nobody has lodged a bid with PSV as far as I can make out.

kinell la if Chelsea replace hazard with Lozano then them cockneys are going to have a full on riot

one of the prems best players to a unproven kid who scored a good goal at the world cup

Besic has made an Everton career off one game. McCarthy at least performed consistently well over our best season in the last decade.
Fair, but that's a LONG time ago. I wouldn't bank on either, but I got no problem keeping one on my bench. I think Mo's probably a better fit for Silva's system, but again, neither can stay healthy, so not sure it matters.

kinell la if Chelsea replace hazard with Lozano then them cockneys are going to have a full on riot

one of the prems best players to a unproven kid who scored a good goal at the world cup
Yeah, Lozano is good, but he's not Hazard and not going to get the ball and run at people and dominate.

I will say this - Chelsea loses Hazard, man. That's a huge loss.

Yeah, Lozano is good, but he's not Hazard and not going to get the ball and run at people and dominate.

I will say this - Chelsea loses Hazard, man. That's a huge loss.

yep, Hazard is an absolutely worldly of a player

there in a difficult position atm with a new manager etc as well after a poor season, losing hazard this season would be BIG

Feels to me like Schneiderlin is going to start. Doesn’t seem like the staff shares the hatred the fans have.

Coleman Holgate Mina/Jags Digne/Baines
—————Schneiderlin
————Gana(not a great fit) Gylfi
———Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Yeah, it’s one or the other for me with Schneids/Gana. Don’t wanna see them both on the pitch. Silva may prefer Schneiderlin, it remains to be seen if Gana fits into Silva’s style but he’ll suit the high press. His commitment is far and away better than Morgan’s. I think if Silva finds the right role for him he can be essential.

It would be nice to find a defensive mf player that doesn’t get a nosebleed when going past the halfway line

Yeah, it’s one or the other for me with Schneids/Gana. Don’t wanna see them both on the pitch. Silva may prefer Schneiderlin, it remains to be seen if Gana fits into Silva’s style but he’ll suit the high press. His commitment is far and away better than Morgan’s. I think if Silva finds the right role for him he can be essential.

Agreed. I personally really like Gana and think if allowed to play to his strengths that he can be the best player on the pitch. I feel you have to put him out there and make it work.

McCarthy is absolutely rubbish and would be very high on my list of players to sell if he could keep himself fit enough for anyone to have any interest in him. He has virtually no footballing ability at all, but occasionally comes into a lethargic team and everyone thinks he’s boss because he runs more than the others and maybe even makes some absolutely ridiculous slide tackles which get him booked and could get him sent off but PASSION yurrrrs.

Harsh to say he doesn't have footballing ability. He proved during RM's first two seasons that he does.

That hamstring injury that he was rushed back from in 14/15 set him back massively. I reckon Silva would like that kind of player in terms of how McCarthy can press and get about the pitch.

But this isn't absence making me grow fond of him again. It's easy to forget he exists because of the injuries and it's clear that at 27 he's never getting back to the player he was when we signed him, which tbf suited a very particular type of system where his main job on the ball was to turnover possession.

But as it stands it's about getting him fit again either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.