Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Blink:

Every year besic puts in an average performance and every year people argue for him to stay.

He was extremely average on loan... what makes anyone think he has come back a better player?

Runs like he is in quick sand. Waste of a squad number, but he isn’t the only one!
assuming you didn't watch him yesterday?

Every year besic puts in an average performance and every year people argue for him to stay.

He was extremely average on loan... what makes anyone think he has come back a better player?

Runs like he is in quick sand. Waste of a squad number, but he isn’t the only one!

He was Boros best player mate.

Infact the Boro fans constantly said he was too good for the Championship, its ok to admit you got it wrong mate, dont feel bad.

I don't want Besic to be first choice just wondering why the midfield links haven't been stronger, I can only think Silva thinks he can work with what he has or we will get someone last minute because that midfield is crap to be frank. I don't feel confident with Morgan being a first teamer either. I suppose he has the distribution for a Silva team if he's arsed but he is weak mentally and physically doesn't protect our defence. Gana does one job very well which is ratting around and winning the ball he's average in possession, can he be a box to box player?I doubt it.

I don't want him to stay really just wondering why the midfield links haven't been stronger, I can only think Silva thinks he can work with what he has or we will get someone last minute because that midfield is crap to be frank. I don't feel confident with Morgan being a first teaners either. But I suppose he has the distribution for a Silva team if he's arsed but he is weak mentally and physically doesn't protect our defence.

Our midfield is utterly terrible, so when people say we should sell Besic im extremely baffled, hes probably our best midfielder.

It may have only been a friendly yesterday but he controlled everything. It was a good display for someone who wants to prove himself to a new manager.

He made more of a statement yesterday then the rest put together

It may have only been a friendly yesterday but he controlled everything. It was a good display for someone who wants to prove himself to a new manager.

He made more of a statement yesterday then the rest put together

Sadly people just cant give the lad a chance.

If only we had bought him for 40m all those years ago, people might be more willing to judge him.

Our midfield is utterly terrible, so when people say we should sell Besic im extremely baffled, hes probably our best midfielder.

I don't mind Besic he has the attributes that could I work in that box to box role If he could get a run I wouldn't be against it I just don't know if he's physically up to it (he keeps getting injured) also I wonder if he needs first team football at this stage. I still think our issue remains midfield, a box to box player with power and pace is the least we need. Ideally I'd bring in two midfielders but it looks like we'll be making do.

Usually I’d lamblast you for that but potentially it’s a true statement. I don’t trust snieds mentality has the ability but attitude is horrendous, Gana is a limited passer and doesn’t have the best positional awareness, Davies could be our best but he’s too much of a headless chook and makes basic tactical and technical mistakes. Besic has the attitude and swagger to match is probably our best passer from deep, can carry the ball fine and is a superb tackler. If he can get a run of games and see if he has actual footy IQ could be a player

Morgan Schneiderlin is a bit of an enigma.

I'd never noticed him before we signed him, he seemed to be one of those players people said was good but went through matches without doing anything spectacular enough to stand out.

He then came in and looked really good, then completely lost his way.

Looking back at his last season at Southampton he lead the league in tackles and interceptions by far. Getting full caps from France, playing 65 passes a game at 90% accuracy and generally running the show.

If he could get back to that role in front of the back 4 then it would solve a lot of our problems - allowing us to pair him with another high energy midfielder and perhaps allowing Dowell/Sigurdsson/the returning Barkley to play the creative role.

The ability is there. Can Silva help him rebuild that confidence, he is still only 28.

Who brings the ball forward though? None of the options maybe bar Davies and Sig currently drive forward with the ball and can also physically protect the midfield. Besic maybe but again his physical stature probably counts against him we need a big brute in there who can go both ways.

I don't mind Besic he has the attributes that could I work in that box to box role If he could get a run I wouldn't be against it I just don't know if he's physically up to it (he keeps getting injured) also I wonder if he needs first team football at this stage. I still think our issue remains midfield, a box to box player with power and pace is the least we need. Ideally I'd bring in two midfielders but it looks like we'll be making do.
Usually I’d lamblast you for that but potentially it’s a true statement. I don’t trust snieds mentality has the ability but attitude is horrendous, Gana is a limited passer and doesn’t have the best positional awareness, Davies could be our best but he’s too much of a headless chook and makes basic tactical and technical mistakes. Besic has the attitude and swagger to match is probably our best passer from deep, can carry the ball fine and is a superb tackler. If he can get a run of games and see if he has actual footy IQ could be a player

In an ideal world I can say sell Besic, if we had much better options I would probably be agreeing he should be sold, but IMO we currently dont have anybody that I consider FAR better, Morgan on his day is better, Gana and McCarthy are defo better defensively, Davies has the potential to be better, but Mo is a much more rounded player than them all IMO.

I mean sure hes had his injury issues, but his last injury was 18months+ ago now.

Im not saying hes the answer to all our problems, but surely hes worth keeping around for 6-12 months, just at the very least until we upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.