Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt we'd accept less.

Roma want £70m for their goalkeeper.

We'd want £60m for Pickford. We'd want to double our money.

All this crap about market value is irrelevant.

As a player, no, he's not worth £60m. He's probably worth what we paid for him last year.

But, to us, given his importance, age, potential and contract, he's worth at least that.

As much as I would love to disagree with Valderrama, we finished 8th last year and 7th the year before, from the outside looking in, we are a mid table team. Obviously we want to improve, but realistically, if Mina just wants Champions League football, we are some way off that, we are probably aiming for 6th place before the season starts. For us to get in the Champions League, not only would we need to have a great season, we would need 3 teams from last seasons top 6 to have a bad season

They are both massively deluded, if Mina wants champions league the only teams he is getting it at are the teams who are seeded 4th every year and will never make the knockout rounds

I mean he's talking about a Turkish team who will play 2/3 boss teams every year in the champions league 1/2 in the group and 1 in the knockouts if they get through

if you come to the prem you playing 4/5 every season in the league, so is it about testing himself or is it just being at a team to showcase himself?

idiot

I doubt we'd accept less.

Roma want £70m for their goalkeeper.

We'd want £60m for Pickford. We'd want to double our money.

All this crap about market value is irrelevant.

As a player, no, he's not worth £60m. He's probably worth what we paid for him last year.

But, to us, given his importance, age, potential and contract, he's worth at least that.
If someone offered that, bite their hands off

There's a big difference between what a player's market value is, and their actual worth to a club.

We shouldn't be - and I don't think we would be - entertaining any bids that wouldn't see us double our money on a 24-year-old with four years left on their contract.

If someone offered that, bite their hands off

Why?

Leave us having to scrap around for a goalkeeper as well?

Way too vital a position.

Pickford's a superb goalkeeper. Yes, he makes the odd mistake, and he's got improvements to make. He was playing behind one of the poorest defences in the league last season and off the top of my head there's maybe 5 goals of all the ones we shipped that he could have done better with. West Ham game aside he was probably our best performer in most games. Only real bit of consistency.

Why?

Leave us having to scrap around for a goalkeeper as well?

Way too vital a position.

Pickford's a superb goalkeeper. Yes, he makes the odd mistake, and he's got improvements to make. He was playing behind one of the poorest defences in the league last season and off the top of my head there's maybe 5 goals of all the ones we shipped that he could have done better with. West Ham game aside he was probably our best performer in most games. Only real bit of consistency.
Because it's stupid money and you could easily replace him for a third of that and be better off

Status
Not open for further replies.