Subbuteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun Subbuteo fact: Football commentator Jonathon Pearce ran an entire world cup, qualifiers and all in his bedroom alone as a child. He had national anthems, goal scorer and tackle rankings, disciplinary, the lot.

Weirdo.

I made up nonexistent sports, wrote rulebooks for them, made up leagues of teams with nicknames and colors and stadium names etc., set up league schedules, and programmed my Commodore Vic 20 to play out the schedules, matching the teams’numerical rankings in various categories against each other, adding an advantage for the home team, and then generating random numbers to arrive at a score line, and adjusting the league table once the games had been played

in related developments I didn’t touch a woman until my thirties*

*this is an exaggeration although not by mucch

I made up nonexistent sports, wrote rulebooks for them, made up leagues of teams with nicknames and colors and stadium names etc., set up league schedules, and programmed my Commodore Vic 20 to play out the schedules, matching the teams’numerical rankings in various categories against each other, adding an advantage for the home team, and then generating random numbers to arrive at a score line, and adjusting the league table once the games had been played

in related developments I didn’t touch a woman until my thirties*

*this is an exaggeration although not by mucch

When you begin, aged 36, rerunning the entire test cricket calendar from 1981 onwards in pencil cricket form, in excel, making selection decisions based on performances and writing match reports, then we can talk.

$_86.jpeg

I remember buying this record.
Rubbish

I dont know if this is the actual one but when they announced they were pulling the Arms Park down to build The Millenium Stadium a fella the same day was in the paper having just completed a scale matchstick model of the place.

I see the Players' Car Park was empty. Could invest in a few Ford Cortinas (Lime Green, Brown) and Triumph Stags for the true early 70s feel.

Great game. My brother being Everton me being Leeds we always contrived that whatever competition those two would win the league or the cup. I had a top player in Eddie Gray mutilated by my brother when he stood on him,he went to the airfix glue hospital,came out a new player. Sorry to say to you Everton lads but Leeds subbuteo team were unbeatable,my brother now in his early 50s me late 50s can still remember those epic battles.

Miraculously the only Everton casualty from the greatest derby ever was a snapped arm for my hero Dave Thomas. Remarkably had an even better subbuteo career after that.

know what you mean about contriving results. Remember my brother and I’s mutual disappointment when we managed to conspire for Dukla Prague to beat Everton in our annual fa cup. Dukla only got in cos we banned the RS from the competition that season. After much soul-searching (questioning what we’d just done!) Everton were reinstated and went on to maintain their 100% fa cup record.

Miraculously the only Everton casualty from the greatest derby ever was a snapped arm for my hero Dave Thomas. Remarkably had an even better subbuteo career after that.

know what you mean about contriving results. Remember my brother and I’s mutual disappointment when we managed to conspire for Dukla Prague to beat Everton in our annual fa cup. Dukla only got in cos we banned the RS from the competition that season. After much soul-searching (questioning what we’d just done!) Everton were reinstated and went on to maintain their 100% fa cup record.

Everton that

Status
Not open for further replies.