steven naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they're not good enough to find another club not in the Scottish third division?

Why move clubs to join another at the same level?
Pretty sure any of those players would move on for premiership football and wages but in my opinion they are not good enough so will stay where they are.
For that reason i don't particularly think they deserve my respect

Unless they're really young/old then i think they're fools with no ambition. Why would any player in their prime want to waste the best years of there career working their way up through the scottish leagues.

We have a winner.

Why move clubs to join another at the same level?
Pretty sure any of those players would move on for premiership football and wages but in my opinion they are not good enough so will stay where they are.
For that reason i don't particularly think they deserve my respect

Wait, we have two winners. You have to share your prize, okay?

Two cruciate injuries and he's only 25...that's all you need to know. Total package wasted on this disloyal rat would be about £1M signing on fee plus £40 grand pw in wages. for about four years.

Moyes has lost the plot if he thinks that represents good use of scarece resources.

Maybe Kenny Moyes is his agent or owns part of him.
tell me who you would buy with are limited funds also you probably never gave jelavic a chance when he signed i would of give you proper abuse but fed up of getting banned

Two cruciate injuries and he's only 25...that's all you need to know. Total package wasted on this disloyal rat would be about £1M signing on fee plus £40 grand pw in wages. for about four years.

Moyes has lost the plot if he thinks that represents good use of scarece resources.

Maybe Kenny Moyes is his agent or owns part of him.
sorry forgot to mention peter reid broken legs cruciate damage total package wasted on this disloyal rat who left bolton after they looked after him beut

Moyes took a gamble on him cos he was on a free, and low wages, and also had a good understanding with jelavic, Lots of players have overcome injuries, he could be a star or a flop, that the gamble and this is the market Moyes is working in. From his videos, he seems to have a good touch, likes to link up and good vision.

He'll be fine, I trust Moyes with low cost signings every time, his record is pretty hard to question. Even if the lad only plays a handfull of games, he can play anywhere past the halfway line so can give everyone in the top half of the pitch a rest over the course of the season.
Makes him worth the money alone if he keeps our squad fresh.
If he turns out a decent player that can mimick Jelavic's outstanding start then all the better.

Can't understand for the life of me why certain posters want every signing we make to fail,then label our best up and coming youngster as a crock.(n)

He'll be fine, I trust Moyes with low cost signings every time, his record is pretty hard to question. Even if the lad only plays a handfull of games, he can play anywhere past the halfway line so can give everyone in the top half of the pitch a rest over the course of the season.
Makes him worth the money alone if he keeps our squad fresh.
If he turns out a decent player that can mimick Jelavic's outstanding start then all the better.

TBF, we really dont know how much this will set Everton back: signing on fee + wages well in excess of the twenty odd grand he was reputedly on up there + whatever a tribunal might determine is owed to Sevco FC. That's a few million quid right there for a player with an atrocious medical record.

TBF, we really dont know how much this will set Everton back: signing on fee + wages well in excess of the twenty odd grand he was reputedly on up there + whatever a tribunal might determine is owed to Sevco FC. That's a few million quid right there for a player with an atrocious medical record.

Jumping the gun a bit that though isn't it, if he is knackered and a court says we have to cough up some dough then will it void his contract and could we just give him back.

If he's even average we will likely get 3 or 4 back for him so I wouldn't worry. Players from a club as big as ours tend to have a default value of a million or more and then anything positive the player does from there on just adds to it. I expect even big vic would fetch a few mil.
Would you rather we signed no one or would you prefer we just held out for 21 year old outstanding talents with two good feet, lightning pace, an eye for a pass, clinical finishing and top notch ball control that no one has spotted who wants to play for Everton on a low wage to appear on the free contracts lists? you may have a long wait.
Personally I think we need to take the odd risk in the free market and if we lose out because they are not good enough, the most we lost out on are wages and a signing on fee, better than wages a signing on fee and then a transfer fee on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.