steven naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
to be honest I dont know anything about him so if anyone can tell us if he would be a good signing or not to fill the cahill role. 33 goals in 141 appearances is not a great return for a Rangers striker given 99% of scottish teams are barely Championship standard.

a big signing on fee doesnt exactly make him "free" so i hope this doesn't come down to a choice between him and pienaar

to be honest I dont know anything about him so if anyone can tell us if he would be a good signing or not to fill the cahill role. 33 goals in 141 appearances is not a great return for a Rangers striker given 99% of scottish teams are barely Championship standard.

a big signing on fee doesnt exactly make him "free" so i hope this doesn't come down to a choice between him and pienaar

Hes had his fair share of Injuries,

He is a good player from what i have seen and only 25yrs old so there is still room for improvement with him.
As one has said, injuries are bad, but, Jelavic has said that Naismith is one of his favourite strike partners he has played with. A lot of Rangers fans i know told me that a lot of Jelavic' goals came from Naismith setting him up, so if he does sign we dont have to wait months for a partnership to develop, which is a definite positive.
The question we are all asking though is will he be able to deliver in the Premier League? We questioned it with Jelavic and he has delivered, but they are two completely different players.
For me, i say we sign him, ive heard we are close to anyway. If it doesnt work out we make profit on him just like we did with Neill and Beckford, but if it does work out, then we obviously benefit from it.

Two cruciate injuries and he's only 25...that's all you need to know. Total package wasted on this disloyal rat would be about £1M signing on fee plus £40 grand pw in wages. for about four years.

Moyes has lost the plot if he thinks that represents good use of scarece resources.

Maybe Kenny Moyes is his agent or owns part of him.

After Jelavic I don't think we can take anyone seriously on here when they're commenting on the quality of SPL players.

Then again
If he proves decent then a good acquisition,
If it doesnt work out he can be sold aka Beckford.
Imo if you can't speculate with small money then you can't speculate at all.
Remember the ****e payed £10mil for adam,can naismith be any worse?

Two cruciate injuries and he's only 25...that's all you need to know. Total package wasted on this disloyal rat would be about £1M signing on fee plus £40 grand pw in wages. for about four years.

Moyes has lost the plot if he thinks that represents good use of scarece resources.

Maybe Kenny Moyes is his agent or owns part of him.

Then again
If he proves decent then a good acquisition,
If it doesnt work out he can be sold aka Beckford.
Imo if you can't speculate with small money then you can't speculate at all.
Remember the ****e payed £10mil for adam,can naismith be any worse?

We're 7th in the PL. We need quality to push on. I say get that quality in first before you waste money signing seriously injured players who may or may not make the grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.