• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate.
Spurs has a very impressive English youth recruitment program. That’s what propel them to what they are now. Walsh is definitely trying to follow this blueprint. He is also highly influential in the English footballing scene and this will help significantly when recruiting players that is in high demand. With this sacking, our English youth recruitment program will be severely affected.

Nah.

We have been scouting and signing decent youngsters since Noah built boats.

..I agree he has nothing to do with team selection but he must have to authorise/endorse loan deals for young players. Brand has apparently earned praise for the development squad at PSV.
Whoa. The Director of Football better have SOME influence over team selection or at least the usefulness of first team players. But that why the D of F selects the first team manager to execute the overall vision. We never had a D of F, we had a patsy head scout masquerading as a transfer guy.

Arguably the worst performance of any Everton employee in a very long time. Almost single-handed squandered an opportunity to break into the top six and wasted tens, if not hundreds of millions of pounds.

Maybe I've missed it, but has he actually been sacked?
I'm not his biggest fan and was decidedly meh with the appointment but...
Nobody knows til now what actually his remit was or the decision making process.
Imo he's probably a great head scout but is and was never a DoF.
For me a DoF has to have the big picture. And he didn't. Not his fault he was employed as such.
I think if he was kept on under someone with more strategic, joined up thinking he's a useful tool (cue jokes) to have.

Whoa. The Director of Football better have SOME influence over team selection or at least the usefulness of first team players. But that why the D of F selects the first team manager to execute the overall vision. We never had a D of F, we had a patsy head scout masquerading as a transfer guy.

...by definition, Walsh said nobody leaves or joins the club without his authorisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.