Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a pity he is leaving as I think he had skills, the only two signing I feel were massive mistakes were Rooney and Klassen, I suspect the latter wasn’t his pick, but supported it.

For me it was Lukaku leaving that was his massive gaff, essentially allowing the transfer window to close without a first team striker for half the season was unforgivable.

On the plus side I think he did well in Jan 17 shifting deadwood and getting fees in. He also put many of our young players to work on loan maximizing them as assets.

The jury is still out on some of his signings with potential like Vlasic, Henry, Lookman, Sandro and some of the younger lads. The above could all potentially be massive assets to the flub in the future. They may prove master strokes.

In reality his position was untenable, when a new man came in, he couldn’t stay as his reputation in the game was hit and wouldn’t make sense to pay to high saleries for even a chief scout.

Highs and lows really, but he still could have done some great business for Everton in the fullness of time, if some of the players with potential fulfill it.

Somebody had to get the chop for last close season's disastrous signings. Who else but him? What else was he responsible for anyway? Once you take the manager away from any responsibility for signings like Sam said has happened everywhere these days , that narrows down the blame considerably.

I don't know where the blame lies between Walsh and Koenman as far as the signings go. However given that any fan saw that we were spending all the monies on similar players it was Walsh's job to shake some common sense into Koenfraud if they were Ronald's signings.

Has he officially left the club?

Marcel replaces Steve Walsh who joined the Club in July 2016. Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale added: “On behalf of the Board and Mr Moshiri, I’d also like to express our thanks to Steve Walsh, our first ever Director of Football, who has now left the Club. We all wish Steve well for his future.”

Marcel replaces Steve Walsh who joined the Club in July 2016. Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale added: “On behalf of the Board and Mr Moshiri, I’d also like to express our thanks to Steve Walsh, our first ever Director of Football, who has now left the Club. We all wish Steve well for his future.”

yes one million percent.

been on sky sport news

Always pleasant waking up to good news :)

He could have been moved to Chief Scout. You cant depend on one guy making transfers there has to be an exually knowledgeable person that works as a sounding board and Walsh would have been perfect.

He could have been moved to Chief Scout. You cant depend on one guy making transfers there has to be an exually knowledgeable person that works as a sounding board and Walsh would have been perfect.

It seems like he was offered another position and he turned it down. Plus you can only have so many roosters in the hen house.

I agree, but then again, it seems our problem last season was that we DIDN'T only have one person making transfers.

All worked out a bit weird with him. Arrived with a reputation of finding top class talent for relatively cheap from the different European leagues and then proceeded to spunk insane amounts of money on overhyped, overpaid ''Prem Proven'' players.

Not sure if he wasn't allowed to do his job properly by those above him or if he's just a complete charlatan who got lucky.

He signed millions of pounds worth of mince for Leicester the year after they won the league, all of which has since been dispatched after failing miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.