• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah.

We have been scouting and signing decent youngsters since Noah built boats.

Name the significant youth signing in the last decade before Walsh arrive?
Off the off of my head, Coleman, stones, Holgate.
Walsh did 3 in one summer. Lookman, Onyekuro, Gibson(too early to judge but he’s one of the top talent in that age group).

An interesting quote from Walsh that reinforce my believe he should be retain as a youth recruitment head. He was brought in primarily for this role, first team recruitment was a combine initiative with the manager and people tend to put the blame entirely on Walsh.

Walsh revealed: “I work my scouts really hard. They go to three games per week minimum and have to write three lines about every player on the pitch, so you’re getting a database on maybe 28 players per game, and not far off 100 reports from one scout per week.”
He said he had informed Hoyland and his team to “go away and find me the best five or six players where they’re at an age I can invest.”
There have certainly been some significant teenaged signings since Walsh arrived at Everton.
Forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 19, joined from Sheffield United for £1.5million and Ademola Lookman from Charlton (where Matthew retained strong links) for £7.5million (potentially rising to £11million) on a four-and-a-half year contract.
Hoyland was pivotal in the loan signing of 19-year-old forward Anton Donkor from Bundesliga club Wolfsburg.
Walsh added: “If we can buy those kids and integrate them with our own youngsters of quality, it’s a potent mix. You get their energy and vitality and then you put Gana in there, Schneiderlin, Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley, Ash.
“Putting Mola and Tom (Davies) in the team sends the right signals. Even the best talents are interested in Everton: we might not pay top dollar but we have a pathway to the first team.
“Ademola’s the future. He was on my radar at Leicester. I saw him against Oldham Athletic for Charlton, and never changed my mind on him. He’s got two feet. He’s not one who shifts it to his ‘stronger’ foot to finish. He does things that are unusual.
“There are things to add to his game, but I’ve real hope for him making it into the England team, if I’m honest. You just need a few more pieces and then you’ve got a top-four side.”

Was even crapper than My expectations of him when he arrived and they were pretty low to begin with, so he can have no complaints about losing his job here.

I'm actually disappointed to see the fella leave.

He's clearly talented, he pulled some great potential through. Onyekuru was one of the hottest strikers in Europe when we pulled him in. Lookman has just ripped up the Bundesliga. He knows his youth. The reality is, when it mattered and the money went big, he couldn't pull it.

We could have, in my opinion, kept him in some capacity, as the man has talent. Give him a scouting contract on reduced terms.

Shame.

Never a DoF, second time lucky Farhad.

Lookman has just ripped up the Bundesliga.???? Really? so we should get at least £50m for him? What a laugh, He made a faint splash in the Bundesliga and has done himself some good with more experience. That will suit us when he returns. Of course if they offer us only £15m then we know how big an impression he really made there.

Lookman has just ripped up the Bundesliga.???? Really? so we should get at least £50m for him? What a laugh, He made a faint splash in the Bundesliga and has done himself some good with more experience. That will suit us when he returns. Of course if they offer us only £15m then we know how big an impression he really made there.
  • 11 appearances, 5 goals, 4 assists
  • Second best goals to minute ratio in the Bundelsiga - Lewandowski was 1st

Well they've only spent 15m or more twice in their history so if they offered that it would indicate they think quite highly of him, no?

Strange this one. As many have alluded to, seems to have an eye to spot youthful talent, but his input into signing first team players has been nothing short of disastrous. For the money he was and on the title of DOF, we expected far more than the signing of promising youngsters. Over the years we have prided ourselves on our ability in the transfer market. Pienaar, Baines, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Coleman, Jagielka all signed for peanuts in comparison to today’s prices and all gave sterling service to the club. The contrast to the players bought by Walsh and Koeman couldn’t have been greater. Today’s news has hardly come as a shock, it should have happened months ago.

I remember seeing a clip of him on TV as a weird sort of pundit for one of our games. Didn't look comfortable, didn't have much to say. Might be entirely wrong, but that kind of sums up his performance for me.

Strange this one. As many have alluded to, seems to have an eye to spot youthful talent, but his input into signing first team players has been nothing short of disastrous. For the money he was and on the title of DOF, we expected far more than the signing of promising youngsters. Over the years we have prided ourselves on our ability in the transfer market. Pienaar, Baines, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Coleman, Jagielka all signed for peanuts in comparison to today’s prices and all gave sterling service to the club. The contrast to the players bought by Walsh and Koeman couldn’t have been greater. Today’s news has hardly come as a shock, it should have happened months ago.
He had failed in every way and he's made millions. Any one of us could have five a better job at signing a balanced squad last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.