Stats that quantify why we aren't good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah football was a little bit different 30 years ago tho….

Of course it was, they all had one leg, smoked and had a pint at half time. DCL would make Dixie look an amateur and they all did 100 meter sprints in 25 secs.

Fergie still used Man Utds resources to eventually build a team that could challenge then keep them there consistently. He still needed money to build and it took time. Any manager given time to build will always produce a more stable side yet Silva has had one window and not yet a full season and people want shot already. A miracle worker will not come in and make Everton great in one season.

Of course it was, they all had one leg, smoked and had a pint at half time. DCL would make Dixie look an amateur and they all did 100 meter sprints in 25 secs.

Fergie still used Man Utds resources to eventually build a team that could challenge then keep them there consistently. He still needed money to build and it took time. Any manager given time to build will always produce a more stable side yet Silva has had one window and not yet a full season and people want shot already. A miracle worker will not come in and make Everton great in one season.
Fergie also landed right on his feet having 8 of the best british lads all come thro the academy at the same time... made his life so much easier.

Fergie also landed right on his feet having 8 of the best british lads all come thro the academy at the same time... made his life so much easier.

But his spending still continued and the newly formed PL and Sky made them richer. Money then took over the game with Blackburn then Chelsea having sugar daddies leaving them to be able to challenge Man Utd but leaving everyone else behind. A new Scottish type league was formed.

But his spending still continued and the newly formed PL and Sky made them richer. Money then took over the game with Blackburn then Chelsea having sugar daddies leaving them to be able to challenge Man Utd but leaving everyone else behind. A new Scottish type league was formed.
But as much as I hated Manure back then (as I still do) they did it by spending the money they earned from the success on the playing field not a 'sugar daddy'

Ranieri did?

Do you know the exact thing that this thread proves.....

It proves that Allardyce was exactly right to play the way he did with this team. They are not good enough to be able to retain possession and play a possession based game as well as getting the results requires to be in the league position required.

When he was manager at Bolton and he had players like Okocha and Djorkaeff they played a very attractive style.

So what we've just done is gotten rid of a very good manager who was progressing us as a club and replaced him with someone who is clearly worse for the purpose that the majority of fans didn't realise that Sam was doing the best he could with a limited bunch of players. That has been proven by this thread.
That is absolutely not what this thread or those numbers prove. We are a much better team than we were last year by virtually every measure. We have been unlucky in terms of results this year and were lucky last year. What is says is the things that are holding us back. It says where we are faltering, but it’s all relative.

Just keep in mind, being disposed or turning the ball over a lot also means you have it a lot. And Silva isn’t a big possession based manager, he is not Pep. But those stats don’t mean we stink, they are just reflective of what’s holding us back from being more successful.

I bet you Man Utd fans were glad Fergie wasn't sacked during his first 4 years of atrocity depite breaking the British spending record almost each of those 4 years.
Glad we never sacked Howie and stuck by him.
I think a little time (more than one window) to see if he can improve and get the players to suit his system.
Could not give a damn about Man Utd its Everton i support, i was a season ticket holder when Howie was struggling and never called for his head once and well the rest is history. Its just the last few seasons we have been chopping and changing our manager at regular intervals and things do not seem to be getting any better, I am all for sticking with Silva till at least the end of the season but initial findings are he is struggling a bit hence the run of bad results (Burnely apart).

Status
Not open for further replies.