Spurs have done what we should’ve done after 2004/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They win nothing people say.But Spurs have a new stadium built, they regularly qualify for champions league football, and as we saw last year they qualify for champions league finals.I think we'd all love to see Everton achieve that sort of relative success.Our failure to kick on from the Martinez 72 point season, has been and remains quite embarrassing to say the least.

Would do my head in that though, being nearly men.

I'd rather win an FA Cup than finish 2nd, runners up in champions league etc.

Spurs have appointed a fantastic manager in that period, Everton have constantly appointed a succession of bang average (at best in many cases) managers. When this football club appoints a proven top tier manager is when we will see a progressive Everton.
Pochettino wasn't - some would say still isn't - a proven top tier manager though, so you're kind of contradicting yourself there.

The Everton of the '00s existed solely to be held and operated by an owner with nothing to invest. There was no target or vision beyond facilitating the circumstances to make that business plan viable for another year.

Would do my head in that though, being nearly men.

I'd rather win an FA Cup than finish 2nd, runners up in champions league etc.

Not much money in the FA cup. The money is in Champions League. If Everton is to become an elite club then they have to be a regular part of Champions League. No question about it.

Not much money in the FA cup. The money is in Champions League. If Everton is to become an elite club then they have to be a regular part of Champions League. No question about it.

The glory is in winning something. Get that monkey off our backs then focus on the riches of not winning anything but finishing 4th.

Spurs have done what we should have done following our (ultimately) wasted 2004/5 season.

Basically discuss.

Hard to dismiss, but Spurs are about to unravel themselves, so let's see what happens with them. In any club, there are long term plans and processes which build success, and certain methods work for certain clubs that may not be applicable to other clubs. Let's see what Farhad, Marcel, DBB, and company can produce and I'm not particularly arsed with Daniel Levy's side.

Only the dimmer ones.

Despite the second-tiered European competition providing a hectic fixture schedule for all concerned, Eriksen believes that players will want to be involved.
"Is it a factor when the club are trying to sign players? I think so," the London Evening Standard quotes Eriksen as saying. "It certainly was for me when I moved from Ajax two years ago. I don't know if it is for anyone else but I think so.
"I always want to play in Europe, to be seen on that stage or in the Premier League. It was a big chance and for me it was a nice thing when I came to Tottenham."

Status
Not open for further replies.