Spurs have done what we should’ve done after 2004/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did touch lucky with him aye,

In my opinion (Moyes excluded as he was an exception) we’ve not been ruthless enough with managers.
Not sure I'd put it that way tbh. What I think we've had is a complete and utter failure to have a long term strategy and to recruit managers in a professional way to match that strategy. The way in which we've gone about recruitment is a complete and utter joke. In terms of the recruitment process that includes all of the managers Kenwright and Moshiri have recruited. You could go back further but I'm concentrating on the current members of the board who've been in charge of the club.

What happened when it was with Leicester?

Apparently we bottled it. Despite never having been top or in any position to go top during the season.

But you know, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

From memory, Woolwich were above Leicester at or around Christmas but it was Spurs that came third in a two horse race.

Apparently we bottled it. Despite never having been top or in any position to go top during the season.

But you know, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

From memory, Woolwich were above Leicester at or around Christmas but it was Spurs that came third in a two horse race.
It's was spurs, doing want spurs do.

What do Everton do?
Everton currently do nothing, but this forum, the angst, the determination for us to be better is almost certainly based on the fact we’ve won the league 9 times, more than all but 3 clubs who we compete against. I don’t want to be argumentative, but you will never see your club match that achievement. I’m proud of that, that a club as fantastic as spurs with a sensational support will never ever see their team match our 9 league titles.

Everton currently do nothing, but this forum, the angst, the determination for us to be better is almost certainly based on the fact we’ve won the league 9 times, more than all but 3 clubs who we compete against. I don’t want to be argumentative, but you will never see your club match that achievement. I’m proud of that, that a club as fantastic as spurs with a sensational support will never ever see their team match our 9 league titles.
Chill mate just a little bit of tennis between myself and @Yid4life, but you are correct.

Was just a bit of banter mate. I respect Everton. We have achieved things that most other clubs will never do and we were often thet first to do them.

Let's be honest, its all ancient history for both clubs.

Not sure I would agree about making the right managerial appointments.

But in general we have been on the right trajectory over the last 15 years.
Not having a pop mate as I know you are on here regularly talking a lot of sense but arnt you a little bit worried about Pochettino?
He looks to me like a man who is running out of ideas and the team as a whole look like they are starting to go backwards.
He is a good manager but not a great one.
Of course I could be wrong and might still have the hump over the champions league final.

Always amuses me this 'they haven't won anything' stick people use to beat us with.

We are competing with two of the world's biggest clubs and two of the world's richest clubs (& Woolwich) and holding our own despite having the second lowest net spend in the league over the last five seasons.

I have loved the ride. I have watched us play Barca, Inter, Juve, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Bayern Munich in a couple of weeks time and also reach the final of the CL.

It's been bloody brilliant.
What did you think of ‘ Harry the spiv’?

Status
Not open for further replies.