Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you protest against Kenwright and the board when we were finishing 7th and getting to cup semi finals and having a great time?

Who said anything about great times?

What have we experienced thats been so horrendous since the year 2000-2022?

Outside of 7 clubs (Scab 6 + Leicester) we've had it no worse than any other club yet you're doing what those noob RS fans do on twitter "remember when we ad to watch Ngog n Spearing doh lad finishing 7th? Argghhh bad times m8 don't wanna remember dat".

We've had no great times but we haven't had any real awful times either.

Who said anything about great times?

What have we experienced thats been so horrendous since the year 2000-2022?

Outside of 7 clubs (Scab 6 + Leicester) we've had it no worse than any other club yet you're doing what those noob RS fans do on twitter "remember when we ad to watch Ngog n Spearing doh lad finishing 7th? Argghhh bad times m8 don't wanna remember dat".

We've had no great times but we haven't had any real bad times either.
????????????????????

Have you forgotten last season already?

We have gone from a club who was widely considered the best of the rest to a team who survives relegation with a game to go.

Thats real bad, for the record, just in case you dont know what that looks like.

????????????????????

Have you forgotten last season already?

We have gone from a club who was widely considered the best of the rest to a team who survives relegation with a game to go.

Thats real bad, for the record, just in case you dont know what that looks like.

But again you're looking at last season as if we're a top club still winning titles - we're not!

Last season was no worse that what the other 80+ odd clubs in the English football pyramid experience outside of the scab 6.

How many clubs in the PL outside of the scab 6 + Everton have been relegated in the last 2-3 decades? All of them have pretty much yet according to Charlie Sweet we've had it toughest so our fans are the bestest.

It's a daft take.

I do tho

You said:

"Considering what we have had to put up with our fans are the best."

Since the year 2000 we've had 2 relegation battles but also:

Finished 4th
Finished 5th
Multiple 6th/7th/8th finishes
European Football
1 Cup Final
Multiple Cup Semi Finals
World class Ancelotti as manager
Hundreds of millions spent on players
World class stadium being built in a grand location on the docks.

We haven't really had a lot to put up with post 90's apart from the RS having patches of dominance under Benitez & Klopp.

Yes its crap we haven't won anything since 1995 but that doesn't mean we've had it particularly bad compared to most other clubs in England.

We're not most other clubs.

You were born in 92 though or not?

We're not most other clubs.

You were born in 92 though or not?

Sounds a bit "this means more" that mate.

I would rather not be all scouse exceptionalist.

Truth is we've not had it any worse or harder than the majority of clubs in the English football pyramid system quite the opposite.

Yes it hurts to not have won anything since 95 being traditionally one of the big boys but history gives us no divine right to achieve things.

But again you're looking at last season as if we're a top club still winning titles - we're not!

Last season was no worse that what the other 80+ odd clubs in the English football pyramid experience outside of the scab 6.

How many clubs in the PL outside of the scab 6 + Everton have been relegated in the last 2-3 decades? All of them have pretty much yet according to Charlie Sweet we've had it toughest so our fans are the bestest.

It's a daft take.
We arent a top club, but we certainly arent a club that scrapes the bottom of the league.

Sounds a bit "this means more" that mate.

I would rather not be all scouse exceptionalist.

Truth is we've not had it any worse or harder than the majority of clubs in the English football pyramid system quite the opposite.

Yes it hurts to not have won anything since 95 being traditionally one of the big boys but history gives us no divine right to achieve things.

You're an insult to the word muppet. On to ignore you go.

We arent a top club, but we certainly arent a club that scrapes the bottom of the league.

My point is mate if you go to a boozer in Coventry and tell a fan of theirs how hard Everton have had it these past 2 decades you'll get laughed oot of town.

It's very Blue Tinted to suggest we've hard "dark times" particularly since 2000 onwards. Frustrating yes but not hard i.e relegations/administration/liquidation that many clubs have faced over the years.

Yes it may be "relative" based on history/size of the club - hard times for a Man Utd fan is finishing 8th but you aint going to have me shed a tear for the "poor sods" when clubs like Sunderland have back to back relegations, Bolton/Derby in financial trouble etc.

I just dont buy what Mr Sweet was selling.

My point is mate if you go to a boozer in Coventry and tell a fan of theirs how hard Everton have had it these past 2 decades you'll get laughed oot of town.

It's very Blue Tinted to suggest we've hard "dark times" particularly since 2000 onwards. Frustrating yes but not hard i.e relegations/administration/liquidation that many clubs have faced over the years.

Yes it may be "relative" based on history/size of the club - hard times for a Man Utd fan is finishing 8th but you aint going to have me shed a tear for the "poor sods" when clubs like Sunderland have back to back relegations, Bolton/Derby in financial trouble etc.

I just dont buy what Mr Sweet was selling.
As an Everton fan, who has seen this club win league titles, the last few years have been very disappointing.

From the highs of finishing 4th, getting to cup finals, the last few years have fallen well short of what I expect, expect, not demand from this football club.

As an Everton fan, who has seen this club win league titles, the last few years have been very disappointing.

From the highs of finishing 4th, getting to cup finals, the last few years have fallen well short of what I expect, expect, not demand from this football club.

No other clubs have to put up with their local rivals mopping up Champions Leagues for a laugh whilst they do absolutely nothing either. Everton fans are the longest suffering in the league by a mile.

Since the 2009 FA Cup final defeat we've had two decent seasons, Moyes final season and the 72 point season under Martinez. Other than that, the last thirteen years have been pretty underwhelming really.

Status
Not open for further replies.