Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a good test this of how we react now our winning streak is over against a decent team away from home but a game we should still be looking to win.

Would like to see Gordon given a chance too but Iwobi will start.

I hate to say it but without richarlison in this one I think our chances are massively scuppered. Southampton are a very good side and if you consider the tight margins in the palace win, this game could go a similar way but without richarlison we could end up on the wrong end of this one

Everton are likely to be knocked off the top of the league before we play saints as I fancy Villa to avoid defeat at home to Leeds so hopefully it'll give the lads an extra incentive to go for the win.

In previous seasons this would definitely be a tough away trip for Everton. We've only won 3 of the last 19 down there but this is a new Everton with a new belief. Ancelotti will have them set up right and even with Richarlison out, whoever takes his place it'll be a team that can get goals.

I predict an Everton win with DCL & Ings to both score anytime in the match. Currenty 11/1 on Bet365.

What I’d like to see:

Olson
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Iceland
James Calvert-Lewin Gordon

I don’t think this’ll be the team, but it’s the one I’d have. Pickford was lucky to be on the pitch and lucky not to have another howler go past him. we brought another goalie in for this reason.

Would love to see us grind out a victory here. I think 1st goal from corner is going to be my standard Everton bet.

Ancelotti doesn’t appear to make knee jerk changes. So for me, it’s Pickford, Godfrey, Mina Keane, Digne. Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Rodriguez DCL and Iwobi.
Sigurdsson as a sub gives us some strength in depth and some flexibility. He also looks better as a sub in my opinion.
Pickford’s two excellent saves on Saturday I think have prevented a change in goal. I genuinely think Olsen is now breathing down his neck.

Situations like this (no Richy) that we need to take full advantage of our set piece strengths. Need to make every dangerous free kick and our corners. Most importantly as has been said already, we need to keep a clean sheet

Agree mate although tbf not many sides are keeping clean sheets at the moment!

I think away from home we'll definitely be keeping it more tight however - we play more open at Goodison.

Danny Ings. Nailed on.

Nailed on you say? Bit extreme but it’d deffo slow him down a bit.

23CB8B1D-3425-492B-B817-05C9E1FD4BDF.jpeg

Like Leicester last season we need to get as many points on the board now as December is absolutely hectic for us with 6 pointer games:

12th Dec - Chelsea H
15th Dec - Leicester A
19th Dec - Arsenal H
22nd Dec - Man Utd H Cup Quarter Final
26th Dec - Sheff Utd A
28th Dec - Man City H

That there is make or break especially with having only one CF in DCL (its okay doh lads we dont need another forward option).

Get as many points as we can now - why Richy getting himself sent off is so frustrating as the 3 games he misses in Saints, Newcastle Away and Utd at home we should be looking at minimum 7 points just hope his loss doesn't result in dropped points.

I think this is honestly the 50th post of yours where you've mentioned his "stupid sending off". I get the feeling you didn't think it was too clever

Status
Not open for further replies.