Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is honestly the 50th post of yours where you've mentioned his "stupid sending off". I get the feeling you didn't think it was too clever

I hate it when players put us at a disadvantage then moan about wanting "Champions league football".

Certainly with a big game against Utd coming up.

Big game for us this. Win and we go from dropping points to potentially looking dangerous this season.

Next 6 games are winnable based on what we have seen so far , win 4 out the 6 and we could well be facing a very good season.

All we need is villa to lose and we may start getting the attention a little bit more

They say you can't start to judge the table until we're 10 games in so staying unbeaten over the next 5 games is essential for showing we can do it over a full season. I'd happily take 11 points from the next 5 games giving us 24 from 30 after 10 games. Having said that, all 5 are definitely winable.

Big game for us this. Win and we go from dropping points to potentially looking dangerous this season.

Next 6 games are winnable based on what we have seen so far , win 4 out the 6 and we could well be facing a very good season.

All we need is villa to lose and we may start getting the attention a little bit more

Missing Richarlison is like that lot missing Mane for me - lad sets the tone and offers so much going forward, defensively & pressing.

I'll be astonished if we dont drop points in the next 3 that he is out as his replacement doesnt offer enough.

Minimum I was hoping for was 7 points from 9 with 2 wins and a draw.

Wouldn't be shocked now tho if we take a bit less - maybe 5-6 points out of 9. I think we'll smash the Geordies regardless but worry that this one and Utd will end up stalemates.

Hoping to be proved one and fingers crossed Calvert Lewin keeps scoring and we tighten up at the back / Pickford cuts out the daft mistakes.

After the carry on from the RS would love us to keep going and Pickford sort his head out.

Missing Richarlison is like that lot missing Mane for me - lad sets the tone and offers so much going forward, defensively & pressing.

I'll be astonished if we dont drop points in the next 3 that he is out as his replacement doesnt offer enough.

Minimum I was hoping for was 7 points from 9 with 2 wins and a draw.

Wouldn't be shocked now tho if we take a bit less - maybe 5-6 points out of 9. I think we'll smash the Geordies regardless but worry that this one and Utd will end up stalemates.

Hoping to be proved one and fingers crossed Calvert Lewin keeps scoring and we tighten up at the back / Pickford cuts out the daft mistakes.

After the carry on from the RS would love us to keep going and Pickford sort his head out.
Agreed his work rate is exemplary even when he doesn't find the back of the net. Time for Doucoure to step up big time.

Agreed his work rate is exemplary even when he doesn't find the back of the net. Time for Doucoure to step up big time.

For these 3 games I wouldn't mind Delph coming in for Gomes and having Doucoure pushed further forward.

With Delph and Allan covering defensively give Doucoure licence to drive forward with the ball which is something we have been missing in midfield since Barkley left.

When Pearson moved him further forward last season he looked top class.

This is the type of game we drop points in when doing well. They have a good side with both strikers scoring goals at the moment. A win here and we will be doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.